Issue with new PB??

Reaction score
I got a PB for about the 8 days now....but not sure about it as I think it has issues.

Okay firstly it does not have white spot or anything yet.

The issue is that when I feed my fish, it does not eat, I tried flaks, live shrimp, nori, frozen food, but its just not interested.

As I said I got him for 8 days now and his belly seems full. Could it be that he is surviving off my algea or should I try something different?

Also another concern I have with it is that late @ night long after the lights is off. it start swimming like something spooked it as it.

Should I be worried or should I just leave it.

The powder blue does eat lots of algae, how big is your tank? is there plenty of algae to eat off the rocks?
At night many fish do strange things, do you have moonlights? what is your light cycle?
What was it eating at the lfs? that may help to get it to feed.

I have tons of algae on my LR.

My tank is about 300 liters without moonlights, and light cycle time is from 11am to 8pm.

The LFS states that it was eating frozen food, but the reason I took it was when it was @ the LFS he was nibbeling on an algae rock. The LFS stated that he had the PB 4 about a week and a half before I bought it.
The powder blue does eat lots of algae, how big is your tank? is there plenty of algae to eat off the rocks?
At night many fish do strange things, do you have moonlights? what is your light cycle?
What was it eating at the lfs? that may help to get it to feed.

I have tons of algae on my LR.

My tank is about 300 liters without moonlights, and light cycle time is from 11am to 8pm.

The LFS states that it was eating frozen food, but the reason I took it was when it was @ the LFS he was nibbeling on an algae rock. The LFS stated that he had the PB 4 about a week and a half before I bought it.

hmm, not long in the shop to be sold on.
Do you have actinics? have them or moonlights on before and after the halides (or main lighting) it is less stressful for the fish.

MyKey - how long did you accilimate the PB tang for? Also, what is/was the water's salinity at the LFS, and what is the salinity of the water in your tank?

300 litre is BARE minimum for a tang. How much life rock do you have? Is there enough hiding places for the tang to hide away in, to make it feel safe?

Do you perhaps have some other fish that might be "spooking" the PB tang?

My fish is still skittish in my tank. I have more than enough hiding places in my tank's live rock. BUT, they still hide away sometimes - especially in the mornings and evenings when we get home, when there was not movement in the house during the day. As soon as I walk in front of my tank, my 5 tangs hide away...... they come out as soon as I feed again....
Then they start getting used to me being in front of the tank..... just for this whole process to be repeated early in the morning, and in the next evening again...

Back
Top Bottom