is this seaweed

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by WAYNE HEATHCOTE, 23 Jul 2009.

1. WAYNE HEATHCOTE

WAYNE HEATHCOTE CHOPPY

hey guys
    i went messing about in the rockpools in plett and i saw what i think is seaweed??
    the one type is green and resembles plastic lettuce and the other is red and kinda fernlike
    I was wondering if this would be suitable for the emperor im looking after.
    Because he is sharing the tank with a lonfin banner and a picasso ,i try give him all the greens i can ,at the moment he only gets nori in the foodmix
    im am leaving for ireland in 3 weeks and want to make a big batch of food that will last untill i get back.
    Will i be able to dry this and add it to their diet??
    I also saw hermit crabs while walking in the estuary and would love to give one every now and then to the trigger ,is this a good idea or could he catch something from the crab.
    I just want to see how a trigger chows a crab ,but if it could lead to him getting some disease then please advise me
    what about feeding them limpets???:) ,
    the rockpools in plett are full of cool creatures and i would like to know what i can feed them and what i cant
    please give me all the advice u can
    thanx

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony

Tony

The first one could be kelp or ulva and I'm not sure of the second. I'm not sure on whether its OK to feed the alga. I'm sure the crabs and limpets are fine to feed to your trigger

Recent Posts