Is this good or bad?

Reaction score
This soft bright red coral has suddenly started appearing on the rocks. Mostly on one rock but I see it has spread to another rock as well.
It is very colourful so I do like it but I was wondering if it is a bad coral or not?

Excuse the bubble and hair algae - I am battling to remove it at the moment :(

photo1.jpg

photo1.jpg

So that would be BAD..i think the fact that you have bubble algae and all other flavours of algae means that the nutrients are too high in your tank.

Thanks - I only have 2 pyramid snails and the jester goby that now and again eats some of the algae.

What other herbivores do you suggest? My tank is only 330L so keep that in mind.
I did have a yellow tang at one stage but it became quite aggressive so I gave it away.

hi irma and happy new year!

i would add another 2-3 algae grazer snails, very little impact on the system and very effective, where as adding a fish is another ball game.

hi irma and happy new year!

i would add another 2-3 algae grazer snails, very little impact on the system and very effective, where as adding a fish is another ball game.

Thanks Dallas - Happy New Year to you as well!!
Unfortunately, I have been neglecting my tank a bit as I have been, and still am, very busy. I am now paying the price :((
But I will get everything in order!!

Not good :((
I lost all my livestock within a week and was so upset that I stopped the marine tank.
I had not added anything for over a year so I have no idea what happened but whatever killed the fish was very aggressive.
It was so distressing to watch them die one after the other.

But the bug is still biting so I am looking for an all in one desktop tank of around 100-120L.
Do not want a sump. I really like the modern look of the nuvo aquariums with the back filter section but they are too expensive.
I have been looking through the hardware for sale and will hopefully find something soon.
Just want a small tank that is not going to cost the earth to maintain and stock.
Thanks or asking!

Sorry to hear about that, not nice at all. Good to see you sticking around though. Hopefully you find a suitable tank, those all in ones are quite nice, I tried to put a sump on my nano but eventually got rid of it, just couldn't deal with the mess and problems that kept cropping up because I rushed it when installing it and didn't think things through. :p

Thanks - That is why I am looking for an all in one tank so that I do not need to worry about a sump :))

Not good :((
I lost all my livestock within a week and was so upset that I stopped the marine tank.
I had not added anything for over a year so I have no idea what happened but whatever killed the fish was very aggressive.
It was so distressing to watch them die one after the other.

But the bug is still biting so I am looking for an all in one desktop tank of around 100-120L.
Do not want a sump. I really like the modern look of the nuvo aquariums with the back filter section but they are too expensive.
I have been looking through the hardware for sale and will hopefully find something soon.
Just want a small tank that is not going to cost the earth to maintain and stock.
Thanks or asking!

Have a look at the @Aquaria-SA nanos, they have a 37l and 102l nano. Built in filtration. Fully plug and play.

Yes, they are great tanks but I love the look of the Nuvo tanks with the open top.

Back
Top Bottom