Is this a problem

Reaction score
Hi guys

I want to build a tank of 1500 x
uploadfromtaptalk1453901229349.jpg
1200 x 600 as in the attached pic. Do you think that the built-in braai will be a problem so close to the tank? I have put measurements on the pic. Any thoughts and advice wud be appreciated!

Reaction score
I think when you using the braai it can possibly increase the tank temp, I doubt by much though. It will be a large volume of water.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is no Smoke at all. It draws incredibly well. My worry was the heat affecting the glass or silicon

Last edited:

RiaanP

Reaction score
the heat should not be a problem as the water would quickly act as a heatsink and move the heat away.

Problem would be access to the braai. The tank seems to be 1.2m wide. And the braai is 0.6m from the corn er. So the lid of the braai would barely open. You would not be able to stand in front of the braai doing what you should do.

Suggest getting a big box, or couple of boxes and assemble something as big and high as your tank would be. Just tape the boxes together. And then get your buddies over for a braai. See if you can actually still use the braai with the mock up tank in place. Can draw a couple of fishes on the box to set the mood.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Glass and braai fat don`t mix so gonna clean greasy glass after every braai. but must say it will look damn good there.

Reaction score
The tank will be flush with the wall and the 1200mm side will go into what is/was the dining room. A dining room is a waste of tank space i think haha.

RiaanP

Reaction score
oh, the tank goes into the dinning room?

Then the corner vertical line is drawn incorrectly, should be on the other corner of the doorway. The middle vertical line of the three you did draw.

Or do you want to enlarge the arch. Break down part of the wall. And that is the purpose of the teeth part at the top?

Reaction score
Haha sorry @RiaanP i just drew ot on my phone quick. The idea is to break open the wall up to door height and have the tank flush with the wall and the rest of it into the dining room. So the area "shaded" above the tank will be broken out.

RiaanP

Reaction score
Ahh....
some crucial information. Wall taken out.

First, is that a load bearing wall? It looks to be 2 bricks wide. Can you add a lintel or how will the piece of wall left over above the tank be supported? If this is what you want to do, look at Nemeziz_za tank build. Was also an arch that he opened up
Nem's new 3000L

On the placement of the tank. Yes can be done. At that position the tank in a straight line would be 800mm away from the braai. Corner to corner.

Reaction score
Yes there will be either a lintel put in or might have one cast. But that will be done before. You are correct, that is a load bearing wall.

So i assume that 800mm away is far enough?

Last edited: