Is this a Bristle worm?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
not sure can you get a good shot of its head, it might be a eunice worm

Reaction score
Yup, it would fall under the general classification of 'Bristle worm' - although it looks bad, most bristle worms are very beneficial to your DLSB.

Hennie

Reaction score
Yup, it would fall under the general classification of 'Bristle worm' - although it looks bad, most bristle worms are very beneficial to your DLSB.

Hennie
I thought it was a Bristle worm and got rid of it, as I was told that it could kill fish.
I also do not have a dlsb in the sump - too small.

Reaction score
I thought it was a Bristle worm and got rid of it, as I was told that it could kill fish.
That is unfortunately an old wives tale. Bristle worms are scavengers and are often blamed for killing fish, corals, reef keepers :whistling: but they are only doing what is natural (and good) - eating things which are either dead or very close to death. Because of this, they are naturally found eating that dead fish or dying coral or clam, and are blamed for killing it, but in fact, they are saving the rest of the tank by eating the dead organism before it can rot and pollute the tank...

I also do not have a dlsb in the sump - too small.
They also live in live rock, so you have killed one of the life forms you paid good money for when you bought the LR :nono:

Anyway, live and learn :)

Hennie