Is it about to bloom

cool:yeahdude:

get some turbo snails :) .. I think the main thing is the direction you want to go with your tank

+1
I have the same problem and I was also worried the turbo might Knock things around but I bought one on the weekend and its not much of a bulldozer at all.
The hermit is half his size and much worse.:)
I was amazed how that turbo can munch.

I like turbos in a setup,i personally think and know that hermits and urchins knock things around alot more.Shop around and get some smaller ones.You can add a few. If you have a rock thats doing a balancing act,sure,the turbos would knock rocks around but a little bit of pratley on those rocks and you are a for away. shop around and add some different snails,sand stirrers,cyano eaters(mexican turbos) and some more turbos. I wouldnt go the vodka way right now,rather let your tank go mature a little bit more. You will get algae and ghs etc etc. Regular water changes,dose a little bacteria,maybe increase the flow on the problem areas,play around with your powerheads so you don't have dead spots. While playing around with these things,if that doesnt work then dose vodka(after proper research). With the photo you posted it doesnt look bad,it looks normal.

Thanks, will read.

One more question (sorry if hijacking), does Bioptim = vodka.

Is it "made" of the same thing (content of Bioptim looks very different from what I think is in Vodka) or does it just work in the same way and do the same thing?

bioptim is a carbon source. Personally I use vodka with biodigest as vodka is cheap :)..

Damn, reading this thread.. I havent seen my turbo in a while! My tank is so clean and there is no more GHA for it to eat..mmmm Probably starved to death.. Also something people should think about, you can go the biological route to sort a problem be it GHA, flat worms etc, but what happens when the food source is finished? :whistling: ... Lol I got the turbo just for fun

bioptim is a carbon source. Personally I use vodka with biodigest as vodka is cheap :)..

Damn, reading this thread.. I havent seen my turbo in a while! My tank is so clean and there is no more GHA for it to eat..mmmm Probably starved to death.. Also something people should think about, you can go the biological route to sort a problem be it GHA, flat worms etc, but what happens when the food source is finished? :whistling: ... Lol I got the turbo just for fun

Sell them or give them away, I will get rid of 80% of my turbo's once my tank is under control. The week I have had them they have put some serious damage into the algae I must admit!

My urchin is also working away at the algae .....

my 1 was like a little tractor! haha.. I was looking now, didnt spot him or his shell.. maybe he got stuck down the overflow

Back
Top Bottom