Irritating brown thready anenomes

Reaction score
I have been over time been getting brown thready anenomes popping up on live rock in display tank. Does anyone know what they might be and how to get rid of them. They happen to be coming up on one specific rock which is easy to remove if necessary. I heard something once about injecting them with lemon juice?

dallasg

Reaction score
got a pic?

i will take the rock if you want to get rid of it, or swop a similar piece

Reaction score
Welcome to the aiptasia haters club - they can be a big headach - Joes juice is a commercial product that works well - also you can mix kalkwasser into a thich paste and drop it on the anemone - do not pick at then - it can make them spread. . .

Do a search for aiptasia - many many threads and ideas out there

Reaction score
Injecting them with lemon juice works too - but it can be very tricky

Thing is - if they feel threatend the reproduce. . . .compounding the problem

dallasg

Reaction score
please dont kill them, i would rather take them, see if you can post a pic of it

Reaction score
The rock they are on is sentimental. Got it from my boet who is now in Aus so i'm not going to be giving it away just yet. My camera is on the blink but must make a plan.

dallasg

Reaction score
cool :)

if they can be removed we can help, lets first see what they are

Reaction score
please dont kill them, i would rather take them, see if you can post a pic of it
Dallas, dude, first it's mathematics and now you want to breed Aiptasia? You spend faaaaaar too much time online :)

Gemma, I found that Joes Juice is the badgers nadgers and works a treat - I did a major cleanup yesterday and it really is simple - killed about 50 in under 5 minutes!

M

dallasg

Reaction score
haha funny

nope , i am seeding a 1000L cryptic zone, and after many discussions with borneman et al, they are brilliant mechanical and biological filter animals, i am making my whole 1500L system naturally filtered etc....

time to spice up the hobby

Reaction score
Ive seen some really interesting reads on aiptasia scrubbers - they just run the water tru a really good UV filter before returning it too the main system. . .

dallasg

Reaction score