Iron Oxide

I Remember reading a long time ago that it had been linked to concave head and lateral line disease. I use it, and have never experienced either.

Do you mean rusting metal or treatments? a pal lost one of the magnets out of his glass cleaner and then all his sps stripped and the nem shrank (it did live though) when he removed it and did some big water changes some of the sps came back.

Do you mean rusting metal or treatments? a pal lost one of the magnets out of his glass cleaner and then all his sps stripped and the nem shrank (it did live though) when he removed it and did some big water changes some of the sps came back.

Yeah, talking about rust. I found a half inch screw in my substrate, almost rusted away, wondering it could be detrimental to the LS

Yeah, talking about rust. I found a half inch screw in my substrate, almost rusted away, wondering it could be detrimental to the LS

Big time, rusty metal is very bad, as above all the sps stripped and the softies closed up, run carbon and do a few 10% water changes.

Big time, rusty metal is very bad, as above all the sps stripped and the softies closed up, run carbon and do a few 10% water changes.

Cool, running carbon and I have just done my weekly 10%.

Maybe this screw has been the source of my softie probs ?

Cool, running carbon and I have just done my weekly 10%.

Maybe this screw has been the source of my softie probs ?

I reckon that it is highly likely, having seen the damage in my pals tank after only two weeks of rusty metal in the tank, then it is odds on favourite that little fella has been screwing your tank (did you see how i got that pun in there);)

I reckon that it is highly likely, having seen the damage in my pals tank after only two weeks of rusty metal in the tank, then it is odds on favourite that little fella has been screwing your tank (did you see how i got that pun in there);)

:lol::lol2: You're a poet and you don't know it ;)

as wee-man said its very bad for a marine system....

but in FW planted tanks one can boost your plants by adding a nail under the root system of each of your plants... works great :p

hehehehehe - didnt know you have a planted tank as well... It works GREAT for swords and cryps

oscars dig plants out, malawis eat them :p the 2.5 is now being made a planted tank with the cube going marine... i'll post a photoblog type thing in the FW section as i set it up :p

oscars dig plants out, malawis eat them :p the 2.5 is now being made a planted tank with the cube going marine... i'll post a photoblog type thing in the FW section as i set it up :p

Never had the problem. Had Oscars as well as Malawis now for the last 19 years, was just lucky I suppose... (Certain plants maybe, but not all of them)

yea - stuff like anubias, valis etc they dont eat but the softer plants they chow down on

Back
Top Bottom