IPhone Crap

Discussion in 'Technology' started by seank, 28 Jan 2012.

1. seank

seank

I never ever experienced so many problems with a phone and am very dissapointed I ever bought this phone, so much so that the next move will most probably be to lay (throw) it to rest in the dustbin, or place it gently in front of the car's tyre.... Not exaggerating here at all.

I bought an IPhone3GS for my son over the Xmas period- not a new one as I do not trust them with expensive phones.
    At first I battled my beehind off to get it registered as a new user... it took days
    Then I battled to download the right OS.

The big problem still comes in when I connect it to the PC to download stuff. It open s the ITunes store when I connect the Phone, then the phone starts syncing, just to say that it cannot sync to the pc as it does not allow it to save to the PC.

The biggest headache of all is that once the Itunes page opens on the PC, even if you click the "store" icon, it takes forever to........ not open.
    Not once could I get it right.
    He can open existing applications on his phone- there is only about 4, and he can phone out and receive calls, that is basically it.

*** do I have to do to get this piece of Crap to work properly???
    I appreciate any input

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. seank

seank Thread Starter

ALSO, it created an e-mail for me: ....@me.com , and for the life of me I do not know where to go and read up e-mails sent to this address, as it also sent password resets to the above mentioned e-mail

4. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

sell it and get him an android based phone no issues and better in the long run

5. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

I think your biggest and most likely the root of most of your issues is the itunes setup and the setup of your itunes account. I am not a fundi on itunes so most of my advice should be seen as guesses. But you seem hardup enough to try.

Make no mistake itunes is a dog to work with but soon one learns it quirky behavior. Go to edit-> preferences and then devices. On my itunes version there is a tick where you can say to not synch automatically. Mine is there by default and if yours is as well then I dont know. You can also take off the check for auto updates if you dont want that under the general preferences section.

You will have to authorize the computer to use this phone as well by going to the store tab and then the authorise item.

Password and resets are sent to the email address that you specified when you created your apple ID/ itunes account. And if it was not a valid email account (many people never register with a valid email account for the fear of tracking and spamming) then it will also not work.

If you did do all of the above correctly then I am sorry, I cant even try and help you further.

Oh, and dont rule out the incompatibility of old hardware versus new software. Hope you can find something that will help you.

6. toppdogg

toppdogg

agreed i have samsung galaxy s with android no issues

7. mytank

mytank

buy the nokia lumnia 800 it runs the new windows phone mango OS. no itunes Cr@p and simple simple to use.

8. seank

seank Thread Starter

No worries guys, thanks. I dumped the phone in the dustbin. Gave myself till 16h00 to sort but to no avail.
    At least now I can enjoy a Jameson without stressing myself to pieces over a piece of crap.
    Thanks

9. Helga

Helga

Man this sounds like an episode im my house... sooooo familiar!:whistling:

10. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

:lol: I bet there were tears from the lightie, shame.
    Agreed, can't go wrong with one of those. You can get some really cheap, decent Android phones these days for the lighties, bought my son one for xmas, fantastic little piece of kit, he's downloaded loads of games and all sorts, piece of cake for him, no iTunes crap on the pc. Bought my daughter an iPod Touch, exactly like an Iphone but without the phone part, man do I hate that stupid iTunes nonsense, it is insanely hard to figure out what and where to sync and where to put stuff and and and...no thanks, everytime I use it I just want to hit the laptop moer-toe.

11. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

The iPhone rules!

The issue seems to be the iTunes account
    Was this a new phone?

12. neemow

neemow

also just jailbreak the iphone then you wont need an account :)

13. Kunhardt

Kunhardt

Lol there is nothing wrong with the iPhone. I think you will always get those that love them and those that hate them.

I had the 3GS and didn't really have too many issues with it, got the HTC desire hd last year and gave it to my mother in law...renewed my contract this year and got the iPhone 4s and am loving it. Offered my htc to my mother in law and she will hear nothing of it, she loves her iPhone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

14. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Yup. I want my iPhone back. Changed to BB Touch due to all the raving here. How sorry I am.

15. LuckyFish

LuckyFish MASA Contributor

I want my iPhone back too. Changed to Nokia N8, the worst nokia I've ever owned. The main problem is, Vodacom doesn't release the latest software. :(

16. Quintin

Quintin

As you bought the phone send hand if most likely has the old users data, account and apps on the phone.
    You need to wipe the phone and create your own account.
    I I-Tunes there is a restore button.
    Use this to restore the phone to its original state.
    After the phone has been restored it will ask you if you should restore the backup made of the phone or setup a new account.
    Choose new account, that way the other users data will not be ported to the phone and you can set it up as a new phone.

Sumsung Galaxy and the rest of the smart phones out there all copied the iPhone to start off with.
    Imitation is the purest for of flattery so stick to the leader of the pack.

17. seank

seank Thread Starter

Thanks. Iphone not with me anymore.

18. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

19. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

should have given me the phone when I were there. We could have sort it out for you. Well, not necessary any more.

Recent Posts