Invalid thread Invalid thread...ad nauseum

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by rudig_masa, 24 Jan 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudig_masa

rudig_masa

@459b
    I just unsuccessfully tried posting in Dillan's "delete me as well" thread.
    Same again for the "ratings" thread.

Come on, man.
    If fellow hobbyists are not sharing their experiences with us, then how are shop's ever going to be made accountable for bad service, and how are newbs to know where not to waste our time and hard-earned cash? :(

It's unhelpful to say that people must just not return to a shop after having a bad experience there.
    We are all here to learn, mostly from each others mistakes :whistling: , so why not help each other avoid making the same mistakes? At the same time give LFS a reason to improve their service levels so that hobbyists are happy to continue supporting them.

Your words seems disingenuous after seeing how heavy-handedly you remove threads that call out bad service from a sponsor.
    I think clamping down the thread before it could develop limited other people's participation in the thread. You seem to be afraid of people sharing their opinions. One person's view doesn't decide, but you never let it reach much more than that...
    It's no surprise people are angry/upset if they feel that their or others views are being suppressed by mods. :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

This issue is pointless. I will be soliciting all the sponsors and a view will be presented to Admin. Us sponsors will not take this sort of treatment. Most are afraid to express their views because of customer perception. I don't give a dam about perception and say it as I see it.

4. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

The rules of the forum prohibit naming and shaming, sponsor or not. As entertaining as spme of this can be, quite frankly, us that have been around for a while really could not care less.
    I have never had any dealings with any lfs in jhb, but regardless of any post by any member, when i am in jhb i will make a turn at all of them. Why, because i am clever enough to make up my own mind.
    Because they are sponsors...
    And because thanks to some okes moaning about them, they got some xtra publicity.
    The mods need to adhesr to rules and policies, which, incidently were decided upon way before a lot of the bandwagon jumpers joined. Just because a few members want a place to vent and moan, does not mean admin has to listen.
    Over the years, when admin has entertained such bs, its always gone the same route...
    Just look at today...

There is a much bigger picture, And when you get to stick around for a while you might get an overstanding.

Those that want to change the forum rules and policies, go start your own forum and we'll talk in a few years time...
    Masa is fantastic the way it is!

5. rudig_masa

rudig_masa Thread Starter

@Nemos Janitor

How is the issue pointless?

So, while you gather up all the sponsors to present your view to Admin (which you have made clear will be something to the effect of non-sponsors not being allowed to share their experiences by saying "Us sponsors will not take this sort of treatment"), non-sponsor contributors who wish to speak our minds, are having their threads removed by whatshisnamesupermanmod.

I felt it was a privilege to be part of MASA, but now it seems that commercial interests are stifling people from sharing their experiences.
    The guy from thatwhateverfishshopwhoshallremainnameless screwed up and got a k@k review. The twootherfishshopswhoshallneverbenamed got good reviews and the guy's $$$.

There is the commercial interests' carrot! Nothing to be afraid of if you are dedicated to delivering and can explain to us peeps on MASA what went down. No hard feelings, just facts.

6. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

I also feel very agreaved that all my time spent on this forum tonight fighting for the sponsors has amounted to a reduction in post count. :(

7. mandarinman

mandarinman

Nemos janitor stop wetting your panties dude if you feel you have the right to say it as you see it. Let me beat you to it. Shut your face cos you are being an ass. I read what idol marine did and what the client did. It sounds like some frazzled nerves that needed some tlc. Idol marine gave dimentions and the client still chose to go in bmw instead of bakkie. Sorry mr client that is lack of judgement on your part. Secondly why didnt you arrange transport through company for chiller and then once set up you could have taken a nice trip to collect livestock. After a 500 km trip to collect fish maybe idol marine should have given you a refreshment just to be nice. So at most idol marine owes you two cokes as a gesture of kindness

8. mandarinman

mandarinman

In this specific the used pump tainted everything but the sponsor is making good so give the guy a chance.

9. rudig_masa

rudig_masa Thread Starter

HAHAHAHA! :D I might not agree with what you said tonight, but I can't fault your sense of humour!

@theestablishment

I will try to respect your views and will try to stick to MASA's Ts & Cs, but it's lame when threads get wiped off the face of the earth instead of being closed.
    But for us "jumping on the bandwagon"...I'm fine with being a newb. :tt2:
    Spats are lame, rather give me pictures of fish tanks any day!
    All I want to do is learn more about this hobby. There are practical aspects to keeping fish tanks such as discussions on where to get our stuff from which help guys like me who are new to the game.

@mandarinman
    arandomshopwithoutanamebutwithabadreview dodged the issue about the missed delivery dates (early Jan, then 23 Jan also missed - shoot me if I got the dates wrong...can't check to see if they're right because admin deleted the post) by going on about how great the chiller worked. This whole missed delivery debacle should have made it obvious to therandomshopwithoutanamebutwithabadreview that it would need to make concessions to keep the customer happy (give and take).

10. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

This is not the first time you have personally insulted me. It is the last. Try me.

11. WarrenElvis

WarrenElvis

I reckon this heat wave is to blame for everything. I can't even bloody sleep. Aircon is dying on me:lol:
    Today in Durbs was a joke. But hopefully tomorrow cooler:thumbup:

12. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Oh no not a cooler.:whistling:

13. WarrenElvis

WarrenElvis

:lol:

14. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Yes bud, humour is part of what MASA is about. :thumbup: helping other reefers :thumbup: slating others :(

15. WarrenElvis

WarrenElvis

Well in light of all the threads going bad and all the fighting thought this pic was appropriate
    [​IMG]

16. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

I know the feeling. I was up way past my bedtime, slapping mozzies and hoping something cool would hit me in the face!

17. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

All personal attacks aside, the matter should've been handled differently. THAT'S IT, END OF STORY! You make your own experiences and we can get lost in our own frustrations and THEN make some bad judgement calls. I read both threads and I am happy that they were both deleted, let it be a learning day for both parties, lets please move on.
    I see another thread being snapped and I am sure the mods get tired of doing this. Guys (mmmmm, any gal mods? Any story for another day :p) I feel for you, keep up the good fight.

18. Kanga

Kanga Retired Moderator MASA Contributor

Oy gevalt!!!

Its a forum for marine hobbyists to broaden their knowledge base and to help each other improve their little ecosystems. Not a platform for complaints, try Hellopeter for that.

The mods need to keep it clean simply because 99% of the members are not interested in this drivel, sure sometimes sponsors are wrong, and sometimes clients can be tjops too. Most of the time both actually are decent guys/gals, but this internet thing makes them brave and sorry to say stoopidwhen they disagree.

If you keep banging the same broken drum with personal attacks over and over asking to be deleted, then staying on = personal agenda & attention seeking, pretty much a kindergarden " I wont play anymore" temper tantrum

Now go clean your skimmers, I have come here to look for tankbuilders

Last edited: 25 Jan 2013
  19. mandarinman

mandarinman

The "Im going to to get my friends and we are going to come back as a big angry ugly group with the attitude that we are so important so you better treat us nice or else" attitude is exactly what nobody wants. to advertise here is a priviledge and an opportunity.
    Prod prod prod..... hey nj are you alive.... are you really that ugly or is it photoshopped !!!! Prod prod. Haha relax
    Dude. Dont offer free samples" try me...:" i apologise for prodding you last night. but you were fueling not fixing last night and i was wrong....

please feel free to throw insults my way im cool with it.

Last edited: 25 Jan 2013
  20. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

What did i miss?

from what i can see there is nothing constructive being offerred here? why dont you guys come with suggestions instead of whinning?

why not excercise your right to remain silent instead of throwing insults at one another and brining yourself down to the next guy?

Guys we are not here to play courtroom, we are here to rovide a platform for people to express their views and connect the dots in reefkeeping..

Transgressions do happen from time to time, both with sponsors and with private individuals.. we need to find a way through the mist not dwell in it....

21. irie ivan

irie ivan MASA Contributor

It is his modus operandi, wait till his true colours come out via pm, but its not worth the waste of energy to even respond.. There should really be an ignore button somewhere.

Recent Posts