Intruder alert

Reaction score
Could anyone maybe ID this snail please?

snail.jpg

Thanks

Wikus

i have done absolutely no research whatever and based on that .. I think it's a zebra snail. or a black striped white snail. or a white striped black snail.

Cone looks a little more conical than i remember but his pro natal attire would suggest he is a carnivore...i think he may feed on zoanthids...Please investigate further.. i will also try and scratch around for more info ...but not tonight.

Cyber,

It's a Bumble Bee Snail. They are harmless.

Thanks, I spotted this guy by accident and just hoped for an answer saying he's harmless. To find him again in that LR jungle would be next to impossible.
On the pic he might look big, he's about 5mm from tip to toe.

Thanks again

Sorry about the panic attack.
Thought it looked similar to the Chequered box snail (Heliacus spp) which munches on zoanthids

Sorry about the panic attack.
Thought it looked similar to the Chequered box snail (Heliacus spp) which munches on zoanthids

nah don't worry. All intruders are treated with suspicion(spelling?) till cleared. And I'm never in a hurry to throw something out till it's proven that its not welcome.

Thanks, I spotted this guy by accident and just hoped for an answer saying he's harmless. To find him again in that LR jungle would be next to impossible.
On the pic he might look big, he's about 5mm from tip to toe.

Thanks again

Then he's still a juvi I think. I have two of them. Mine is about 15mm. I have another two unidentified snails that also came with LR. They look exactly the same except the stripes are light and dark gray alternately. But the actual body anatomy seems identical.

The four guys graze algae like you won't believe!

Ok what LR normally has the best living creatures

Back
Top Bottom