Introducing small blonde naso to tank

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by gaboon, 8 Oct 2010.

1. gaboon

gaboon

I'm picking up a small blonde naso just now from Wild on Pets, when introducing it to the tank should I just turn lights off. I'm concerned about my regal (the only tang) as he's nearly triple the size. He's never really showed any aggression as the yellow tang was always the most dominant in my tank. Anything else I could do to avoid tears?

Last edited: 8 Oct 2010
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

gaboon, if i were you id acclimatise the naso and introduce him into the sump with one or to pieces of LR for structure. Id feed him up there for a while (coupleof weeks) so that he is used to all water conditions and feeling strong and then i would wait untill regal is well tucked up in bed before slipping the naso into the tank.

that way they wake up together and the naso is stress free from change in water params (as he has been in sump) and has the best chance of seeing off any aggresion, although i doubt that you will have any in any event. i just like to take things slow with fish and let them get used to systems water before adding them to the DT

4. Sentari

Sentari

My regal didnt have a problem with my NASO. They awesome and very calm fish. You will have great time watching them play together actually. But lets see. Keep us updated.

5. gaboon

gaboon Thread Starter

Thanks Crispin, I'll do that. I picked him up just now, quite a fat little guy.

6. gaboon

gaboon Thread Starter

Lank chuffed, he's eating pellets already:thumbup:, will post pics when he's in the DT.

Recent Posts