Introducing fish after agressive clowns

I've had this problem before where my Sailfin attacked any newcomers. Nothing worked, I covered the tank switched off lights for more than a day, tank was completely dark. First time the lights came on the sailfin started attacking again. Eventually I removed the new fish, caught the sailfin and only afterwards put new fish back in.

Perhaps if you removed the aggro fish and keep them elsewhere, perhaps in the sump for a few days. Let the new fish settle in and only then add the clowns again?

Last edited:
in my experience clowns dont care about the mirror they too busy hosting whatever it is they are hosting.
Mirror works great with Tangs, for clowns i would take out or move whatever they hosting to throw them off territory.
Possibly even just sump them for a week or so. Then new fish can get stronger and settled and he will be boss when the old fish are reintroduced.

What I do is, as i drop the acclimated fish into the tank on the one side, I drop a pitch of fish flakes on the other....the old agro fish then are too busy stuffing there faces too notice new fish....gives new fish a chance to find a comforatble spot and slowly get use to tank...

Again this has worked for me, except for fish that my sixline does not like...he always seems to notice, hunts new fish down and kills it...2 Orchid Dottybacks and 1 Stunning Pink fish the wife brough home....did not last a min...little bits of pink fish all over!

Back
Top Bottom