Intro

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Ishrat, 24 Aug 2014.

1. Ishrat

Ishrat

Hi All,

I'm really excited to gain more experience and information from all the current members of this forum.

I have been fascinated with aquariums for many years but only had a chance to keep a few breeds of fish. My current setup is a 1500cm x 650cm x 650cm a 1 meter sump with a boyu 3500 submersible pump.

I have about 3 breeds of Malawi which i am starting off with until i can figure out which others i can add, which would be more colourful and tank friendly.

Thanks.
    Ishrat

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gesiggie

Gesiggie Challenge accepted

Hi @Ishrat. Welcome to MASA
    I have about 3 breeds of Malawi >> do you plan on keeping freshwater only? If so, you might want to have a look at our sistersite Tropical Aquariums South Africa .

If you plan on venturing to the dark and fun side of aquariums,(marines) then fire away with questions, we will gladly try to help :)

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  4. Ishrat

Ishrat Thread Starter

Hi @Gesiggie,

Thanks so much for your welcome.

Yep im planning to steer away from Malawis and head into the deep blue (marine). Really interested in getting started and wanted to know whether it would be a good idea to use the current tank i have now with sump or start off small first?

I have read online and viewed a few youtube tutorials about Marine aquariums but all is not that fun, especially if i can't ask the experts like yourself for advice.

Thanks again for your reply.
    Ishrat

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Hello and Welcome

Depends on the layout in the sump. Can you fit in a skimmer or not. You do need a skimmer, it is a vital component. Plus, the light setup in the Buyo, what do you have. Normally freshwater systems d not have adequate light for corals but they can be OK for fish only systems.

Maybe add a picture or 2 of your current setup for better comments. Else, look in the classifieds section. Systems are available at times.

Recent Posts