Interesting article

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by shaunn, 30 Jan 2012.

1. shaunn

shaunn

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Braco

Braco

Thanks For Sharing Appreciated...wow such a lot of view points...but they should try keeping marines and see what it entails and cost to actually keep your Tank in a good state..where temperature plays a major role...in a marine tanks wellbeing

4. rakabos

rakabos

So the reef can handle the heat? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i doubt that.

They have started collecting and cryo-freezing eggs and sperm from the corals in the area as scientists are predicting no reef after 2050 due to global warming.

BBC great barrier reef episode 3 dealt with it also. They showed a section of the great barrier reef from the air which was completely white, as in bleached from excessive heat. So i dont know who to believe. What I do know is that my birdsnest has bleached twice now, both were heat issues. Once from ignorance, and the second time from faulty equipment. Both times it recovered when temps were brought down

Last edited: 31 Jan 2012
  5. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

This is not the first climate change that the world is experiancing nor will it be the last and corals have survived millions of yrs, IMO they will adapt.

6. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

i saw a show on the barrier reef where the SPS where in the direct sun for 6 hours and the insanist colours ever, and they go through that every day with water way over 26deg

its all about making changes slowly, i have had corals stay in 1034 water, but the happened with evap over several weeks, they were unseen corals on LR i got and left in my garage cooking

7. Seabass

Seabass

Agreed.

Recent Posts