Urgent help needed Injured Chromis

Dre

Reaction score
I bought two small green chromis on Friday. I noticed now that one looks injured. He is missing one fin on the side and it looks like his skin is injured. What could this be from and has anyone had this problem before? I'm not sure if he came from the LFS like that because I didn't notice it before. Could it be a disease? Please help.

uploadfromtaptalk1365958185006.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1365958198748.jpg

To be honest, some of my chromis still looks like that and they are older than 9 months

Last edited:
The missing fin could possibly be an agressive fish that bit him, but the injured skin could be a disease...
Can you perhaps try to get a more closeup pic?

Last edited:
I can't seem to get a good pick. He is very fast and keeps moving. If it is a disease what should I do?

I bought 4 chromis 2 months ago and the smallest one of them also started looking beaten up and died. I have read that if there is not enough of them the smallest one gets picked off every month or so until only 1 or 2 remains. So I bought more and have 5 now and it seems good now. They should also be similar in size to avoid one getting picked off.

Last edited:
I bought 4 chromis 2 months ago and the smallest one of them also started looking beaten up and died. I have read that if there is not enough of them the smallest one gets picked off every month or so until only 1 or 2 remains. So I bought more and have 5 now and it seems good now. They should also be similar in size to avoid one getting picked off.

I had the same thing in my tank I went from 7 to 1 in about 6 months they will pick 1 and gang up on him.

This is the closest I could get. He seems to go to my shrimp to try help him heal. So what should I do? He must have been attacked at the LFS because I only have two and they are the two smallest that the LFS had.

uploadfromtaptalk1366044789171.jpg

Back
Top Bottom