Info Required for new system

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Pugsly, 17 Mar 2011.

1. Pugsly

Pugsly

Hi all,

Nice to be here.

I am not so new to marines, but been out the game for a few years.
    So the boss (wife) and I have purchased our DREAM HOME with ample of space, and have been told that I am more than welcome to start up a new marine aquarium.

Had one 5 years back with success but sadly had to give it up due to time constraints and lack of space. Was a stunning modded 2m tank with sump etc. In those days corals were hard to keep, and coral care products were hard to come by. So i had really only a rish only tank with the odd coral. (cant even remember the names sorry.)

My oh my, i see times have changed in this hobby, and products have improved vastly - so i guess it will be easier to get one up and running again.

We will be moving into the new home end of April, but I am one of those that likes all the info and planning is essential.

I am in no rush at all, and am getting bits and pieces together so long, and want to do this the proper way - even if it takes me the rest of the year before i put fish in.

So any suggestions on what, where, how? I want the system to be user friendly, easy to clean and maintain, and stunning on the eye! I want visitors to stand in awe when they see it everytome!

PLEASE, any ideas / suggestions would help greatly.
    My first most important questions are - bought marine tank with cabinet (wife likes this idea) or built tank from scratch

I have not really gone into thought on my location, but what I would LOVE is for the tank to be inside, and all the sump and equipment to be outside in a neat built housing of somesort, but worry about the cold winters of Pretoria and hot summers

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tremayn

Tremayn

Welcome boet. Have a talk to the sponsors near you like dorry pets, pet stop, idol marine etc. They will give you good advice

4. Pugsly

Pugsly Thread Starter

Thanks - planning on going past some of them the weekend.

5. maxisoft

maxisoft

:welcome6:

6. lanzo

lanzo Sponsor

Welcome to masa JDA....you are more than welkom to come and visit us at the shop.

We will give you a quick run down on all the new equipment(filtration options) and different tank styles.

Come and meet some of the PTA reef club members on saterday here at the shop...you are more than welcome to join us with each braai:peroni:

7. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Welcome JDA

Another Pretoria member. :thumbup:
    Come around Saturday. To Dorry Pets.

See you there.

8. robertkukla

robertkukla

Welcome to MASA

Recent Posts