RSS Indonesian Coral Ban

MASA Admin

Reaction score
Last night, as I was working on my videos for this wonderful site, my phone started to blow up. Apparently there is a wave of panic going around on social media sites saying that the Indonesian government has shut down coral export. Check out the official letter from the Indonesian government that the many of the exporters received today: What does this mean for us? 1.) Many businesses, both wholesale and retailers, will close because 80-90 percent of

The post Indonesian Coral Ban appeared first on Reefs.com.

Continue reading...

From a business point of view this sucks big time...from a Nature conservation point of view I think its a good thing. This could establish a stronger coral farming industry, rather that further destroying whole ecosystems and thinning out coral in the wild, however the businesses that will suffer due to this decision is a tragedy. Thank you for the info. For those of you that enjoy reading, I found an interesting article THAT WAS PUBLISHED MANY MOONS AGO shedding some light on the impact, future plans and global efforts to sustain coral populations Indonesia and Philippines back in the day...

http://issues.org/17-1/bruckner/
Bruckner, Andrew W. "New Threat to Coral Reefs: Trade in Coral Organisms." Issues in Science and Technology 17, no. 1 (Fall 2000).

Back
Top Bottom