In Roof Plumbing?

moz

Reaction score
Any reason why I can't install pipes in my roof to allow me to put my chiller outside (Tank against internal wall)?

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
No not really, just keep in mind that if they're in a hot ceiling you probably want to insulating the pipes. Also if the chiller is a lot higher than the tank you will need quite a hefty pump to pump to that head and achieve the recommended flow rate for the chiller and that pumps also create heat. You might want to consider have the chiller connected to a temp controller or aquarium computer with its probe in the tank rather than the chiller sensing whatever temperature the water is after its been through a big pump and a few meters of piping.

moz

Reaction score
Thanks, next questions;
1. Chiller in Garage or Garden?
2. What chillers allow for the use of external temp probe?

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Garden if you can protect it from weather and theft. It's just better to have it as ventilated as possible, garage might get a bit warm.

Temp controllers go for around R700-1000. Otherwise aquarium computers generally all include a temp probe and ph probe with the basic unit.

moz

Reaction score
My chiller on my existing tank does not allow for an external controller, when I buy a chiller for the new tank which chillers/models allow for the addition of a external controller/temp probe, hailea? resun?