Improved Living Custom LED Club

Hi
I have purchased a second hand TC 420 controller and looking for the original settings .I have contacted improved living and they will not give me the settings although I have bought all the leds from them _ ONLY FAIR as I did not purchase the controller from them
So I will appreciate any assistance

Thanks

What improved living light do you recommend I should get. I want the light to be dimmable, and i want to control the colour , going to be a mixed reef. The tanks dimensions are 150 cm long 75 wide and 60 high. I like a blue look over the tank so how many of each colour led comes with the kit?

Last edited:
What improved living light do you recommend I should get. I want the light to be dimmable, and i want to control the colour , going to be a mixed reef. The tanks dimensions are 150 cm long 75 wide and 60 high. I like a blue look over the tank so how many of each colour led comes with the kit?

There are no specific kits.

Get hold of Johan and tell him what you want the light for and your plans for the setup. He will design the light in accordance with your requirements.

You can then decide if you want to DIY build yourself or get Johan to build it for you.

I got him to design one for me that would fit my tank at the time, knowing I planned to upgrade in the future and that the light would be sufficient for the next tank.

Great service.

Hi all,

I I was wondering if someone could help me please...
I recently got led's from improved living with the tc420 control. I've got 5 channels and they all work well, my problem is I've programmed it to switch all channels off during the night but the one channel always remains on. Even if it's on 0%.

Has anyone experienced this and can anyone help please...

@Royden Church Yes, it is a diy one. I got the panel made to fit the unit I have. Any advice on how to check for that? I'm new to this...

@Royden Church Yes, it is a diy one. I got the panel made to fit the unit I have. Any advice on how to check for that? I'm new to this...
The light which stays on, loosen them off ur heatsink and see if they go off, also check ur wiring to drivers if using. Just a bit of fault finding and you can fix, leds are very simple on how they work. Also check ur programming as to ensure they are all off add another line all set at 0.

There is always a + feed to led so more than likely one of ur - are giving backfeed to mounting plate.

Last edited:
does anyone know of other drivers that can be used instead of the standard drivers that Johan ship? I'm currently using 8 x 3w led's in series.
reason im asking is i have a problem on my one row of led's and i keep blowing the driver. I know i need to replace the row of led's but currently i dont have time to redo the row.

does anyone know of other drivers that can be used instead of the standard drivers that Johan ship? I'm currently using 8 x 3w led's in series.
reason im asking is i have a problem on my one row of led's and i keep blowing the driver. I know i need to replace the row of led's but currently i dont have time to redo the row.
The driver best to use is a 3 x 3w MR16 driver at 12v. They are dimmable and no heat generated. Try looking at Bidorbuy under LED Select for these. The reason ur blowing drivers is your drawing too much current and they are current limiting drivers, 8 x 600ma will want to draw 4.8 amps.

Hey guys, I'm looking at getting the DIY kit for my RSM 130D, was thinking of getting the TL550 kit with the controller. Would this be sufficient?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all!
I know this is a rather old thread, but I am interested in their diy kit for my 90 cm due to some budget constraints.
Was looking for some opinions regarding the quality and coral growth results.

Hi all!
I know this is a rather old thread, but I am interested in their diy kit for my 90 cm due to some budget constraints.
Was looking for some opinions regarding the quality and coral growth results.
i had one.
it gave me endless kak with LEDs failing constantly.
the power supply is also extremely noisy

do yourself a massive favour, save up and buy a proper light fixture
never skimp on your lights

Hi, Does Improved Living still exists? I cannot find them on the web anymore. If not, where else can i find component like they supplied? I need Dimmers
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom