Improved Living Custom LED Club

Reaction score
Hi All,

Figured it would be nice to hear from other reefers using the a Improved Living LED lighting unit.
have had mine for 5 months.
have had a few ups and downs, but in all one of the best units i have owned. and i have owned a few!
backup has been superb.

only gripe is the super noisy power supply.
anyone else have this? mine is easily the noisiest thing on our entire tank!

feel free to post pics of your lights in action!

Reaction score
Give a breakdown of the unit please. I have been contemplating contacting them and been in touch with a cpt grow light manufacturer for a fixture to add supplementary shimmer and pop lighting.
Led specs?: brand wattage colours lumens
Channels and controllability
Lenses

Last edited:
Reaction score
im super happy with my unit....been running it for over two years. My unit is super silent. don't even know its there. Yes i had up and downs ( ok i did build it myselve) but support is just a phonecall away. Replacement part readily available and normally shipped within a day or two.

Yip super happy with it. For the price one pay i think its worth every cent.

Even got my fuge light from them. Awsome little light growing algae supurbly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very happy with mine as well, every coral seems to love it from sps to softies

Planning now a frag tank with them to

Reaction score
Also have one of these that I built myself. Had it for 5 months now as well. Haven't had any issues once I got all the user errors out of the way. Growing corals, including SPS well. Much better growth and color than I had with my T5s. The 20A power supply is a bit noisy yes. But for the price, I am super happy. Will post pic of the unit itself later tomorrow. I am in Jbay so get to PE regularly if I ever need spares, but luckily I haven't had to. The spectrum they suggest is a a bit heavy on the white side, but added another blue strip. But here is a photo of my tank with the light on.

Reaction score
Hi All,

Figured it would be nice to hear from other reefers using the a Improved Living LED lighting unit.
have had mine for 5 months.
have had a few ups and downs, but in all one of the best units i have owned. and i have owned a few!
backup has been superb.

only gripe is the super noisy power supply.
anyone else have this? mine is easily the noisiest thing on our entire tank!

feel free to post pics of your lights in action!
I had the same problem i just added an larger power supply went from 10A to 20A but other wise great setup . i xhange mine a bit
DSC_9498.JPG

Last edited:
Reaction score
overall not bad units for the price you pay. I also started off with one of their DIY kits. but got tired of having to replace individual LEDS every few months....

Not a bad unit at all, but IMO its better to rather save up for a few months and get a decent lighting unit, be it Razor, Zetlight, Kessil, AI Prime, Hydra etc

I ended up adding t5 bulbs as when Improved living spec the lights they work according to their experiments and work on Monti Growth....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Never mind me.... I'm just following.
Very happy with my unit after a year

Reaction score
How do you guys control these units? do they come with a controller or must you use an external controller such as the profilux or reef angel?
You can buy with or without the timer. I've got the timer and works great. Very easy to adjust and set like you want it.

Reaction score
Hi Jaco hall
Thinking of ordering a kit and like you from the picts dey sent it did seem to be alot on the white side.
You mentioned u added a strip of blue...on a 2m long tank what shud I ask dem for with regards to more blue? Your pict u posted is the exact look I'm looking for

Reaction score
I built my own set up with tc420 which i imported for R320. Imported 10w leds,13 x 10000k - 15000k and 4 x Blue 460n. All these are running directly from tc420 without led drivers.

Reaction score
I built my own set up with tc420 which i imported for R320. Imported 10w leds,13 x 10000k - 15000k and 4 x Blue 460n. All these are running directly from tc420 without led drivers.

Did you use resistors or just connect straight to the controler and are all leds 10w. Also what spec psu did you use

Reaction score
Very nice Barry,

Guys which is the Wifi controller from Improved living? Does anyone have them? Are they easy to use with the android app?

Top Bottom