Image Uploader

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I've noticed quite a few posts with people complaining about their images not uploading when they are using our built in image uploader, yet when I look at their albums the images have in fact uploaded just fine.
  • One thing you need to remember is before you upload a pic, you must ensure that your cursor is flashing in the white text area of your post, the image uploader is directly connected to your cursor, so if your cursor is not flashing in the text area then the uploader does not know where to put the image and as a result it just bombs it into your album and doesn't put it into your post.
This also means that wherever your cursor is flashing is where the pic will be placed, you must wait for the pic to be uploaded before clicking anywhere else.

Hope that clears things up a bit, if you need help, let me know.

:)

Please note: The limitations on our built in Image Uploader have been increased. You may now upload photo's up to a maximum size of 1280x960 and a file size of 225kb.

videos?
or must we use youtube?

oki

Please note: The limitations on our built in Image Uploader have been increased. You may now upload photo's up to a maximum size of 1280x960 and a file size of 225kb.

If only the 225kb could have been bigger, the maximum size could have stayed at 800.as it fills the screen without having to move the scroll bar. It is the 225kb that buggers the quality/clarity around

If only the 225kb could have been bigger, the maximum size could have stayed at 800.as it fills the screen without having to move the scroll bar. It is the 225kb that buggers the quality/clarity around
I would love to give up more but unfortunately we only have 18gigs of space on our server, of which 6gigs is taken up by the server and forum software, we've already got 2.4gigs of pics uploaded so space is relatively limited. Did you read the thread on how to resize pics? Look at this pic that I have resized down to 165kb, looks great to me.

149731cd3b0f14.jpg

Not even Photobucket likes that extension, so don't worry.
I can do it if you want, just a matter of a couple of clicks. Let me know when you are on your knees and begging...:biggrin:

I would love to give up more but unfortunately we only have 18gigs of space on our server, of which 6gigs is taken up by the server and forum software, we've already got 2.4gigs of pics uploaded so space is relatively limited.

Perhaps I'm dof, but I don't see a delete function on the picture viewer "Open" function - I would like to delete some old pics which I uploaded a long time ago. Either that, or, if you need more space, could one not (preferably automated ???) resize all photos older than (say) 6 months to something like 300x200 - they will then still be visible in the old threads, but not take up much space...

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom