Image Uploader

Image Uploader stay or go

• Remove the Image Uploader

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Keep it

Votes: 29 87.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Copied this picture to my PC...clicked the reply box and going to see if I can upload from my PC...
44204e96d2ac824e0.jpg

...OOOOOOOkay...all I got was the URL...:confused1:

WOW...it just showed the URL, but when you Post it...the Picture showed...is it suppose to be like that...? Well at least it's there...actually it's always been there, it's the resizing thing I'm scratching my head about...:whistling:

Or I could just load to Album..:tt2::tt2::lol::lol:
lol, yeah, maybe best if you stay in the albums. :tt2:

OK so what size must the pic's be. I have re sized mine to 1024*742 and they bomb out.

The uploader says 1920*1080.
The file size is the most important one, must be less than 256kb I think.

WOW...it just showed the URL, but when you Post it...the Picture showed...is it suppose to be like that...? Well at least it's there...actually it's always been there, it's the resizing thing I'm scratching my head about...:whistling:
Yes, that is one sacrifice we have had to make, it now shows code instead of the actual pic, but it's cool like that, I think it makes it easier.

The file size is the most important one, must be less than 256kb I think.

I think that will have to have a fix done.

I am OK with resizing my pic's to 1024*742 for the album uploader to accept but to fiddle around sizing to get the pic below 256kb is a pita.

I am OK with resizing my pic's to 1024*742 for the album uploader to accept but to fiddle around sizing to get the pic below 256kb is a pita.
Ok, then you can go join Belinda in the albums section, I'm sure she would like the company. :tt2:

Last edited:
Absolutely love the new multi file upload feature in Quick Upload.

The code in the screen is fine, just press Preview to see how it looks.

Work's on all my browsers, including Chrome, but then I have a Mac.

iPhoto has a nifty export feature that you can set the dimensions and quality (size) when you save. Medium and High work 95% of the time and deliver a file around 200k.

I think I've stumbled upon a fix for Internet Explorer users that have the images being placed at the top of the screen when uploading them. It's not a very pretty fix but it works, well it does for me :p

Go into your Usercp, down the list on the left to 'Edit Options', then scroll down to the last block of the page and you will see a section called 'Message Editor Interface:' change that to Standard Editor and then save. Your images should now be placed into the post when you upload them. The only down side to this is that whenever you post a url or image or smilie into your post, you will see the code instead of the actual link or image, it takes some getting used to. I don't like it :p But then I don't use IE so I don't have the problem. :tt2:

...The only down side to this is that whenever you post a url or image or smilie into your post, you will see the code instead of the actual link or image, it takes some getting used to. I don't like it :p But then I don't use IE so I don't have the problem. :tt2:
Always a downside..:lol::lol::tt2:

I think I've stumbled upon a fix for Internet Explorer users that have the images being placed at the top of the screen when uploading them. It's not a very pretty fix but it works, well it does for me :p

Go into your Usercp, down the list on the left to 'Edit Options', then scroll down to the last block of the page and you will see a section called 'Message Editor Interface:' change that to Standard Editor and then save. Your images should now be placed into the post when you upload them. The only down side to this is that whenever you post a url or image or smilie into your post, you will see the code instead of the actual link or image, it takes some getting used to. I don't like it :p But then I don't use IE so I don't have the problem. :tt2:
I'm an idiot, there is no need to go into your usercp to make the change, there is a button at the top right of the posting box, it's got a small A and a big A in it, this switches between the two modes, which will allow you to easily upload using IE then change back to normal mode to see what it looks like, I think, I haven't tried it yet. :D

Why do I get the feeling I'm talking to myself here? :p

I'm an idiot, there is no need to go into your usercp to make the change, there is a button at the top right of the posting box, it's got a small A and a big A in it, this switches between the two modes, which will allow you to easily upload using IE then change back to normal mode to see what it looks like, I think, I haven't tried it yet. :D

Why do I get the feeling I'm talking to myself here? :p

It would be a whole lot easier to just tell people to stop using IE.

Cause we all know about the button, just thought you wanna do it the long way round- poms are known for that--- he he

Back
Top Bottom