Image Uploader

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by viper357, 11 Oct 2011.

Voter count: 33
?

Image Uploader stay or go

Poll closed 10 Nov 2011.
  1. Remove the Image Uploader

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  2. Keep it

29 vote(s)
    87.9%
  1. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Ok, clearly this thing has problems with some users, although it works 100% fine for me. I am constantly getting complaints about it so I think it is about time to get rid of it, I am spending so much time dealing with issues with this thing that it detracts from my enjoyment of the forum.

So, I propose that we remove the Image Uploader and instead we use the Member Albums instead.

• What I need to know is if there is anybody out there that really, really, really wants the image uploader to stay? If there is enough support for it staying then I don't mind spending money on trying to get it fixed, which is what needs to be done. I've just paid for someone to code it to allow multiple images to be uploaded at once, but I'm not prepared to spend any more money on it if nobody is going to use it.
    So please vote on the poll above or voice your opinion for the Uploader to stay or to be removed.

Personally, I love it and I'm voting for it to stay, it works 100% for me, but I need to get an idea of how popular or unpopular it is.

Thanks guys and gals. :)

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Dean i think it is a wonderful tool that will keep the pic's on MASA. I mean the pic's should not have a facility to be deleted. Threads will be kept in tact.

One of the problems with photobucket is that a user can delete the pic and then the thread becomes meaningless.

If it can be fixed. go for it.

4. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

I always use it with no hassles, so I say keep it. Would've been nice if it worked like face books uploader where you don't need to resize, but then again we will have to upgrade servers again :whistling:

5. archiecrain

archiecrain

Its really not that hard to use....Ive never had an issue with it

6. rakabos

rakabos

Keep it. Its simple to use, i HONESTLY dont get why people struggle with it.

7. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

it got one simple rule, resize your pictures. That is it. anyway resized photo's will all upload faster anyway.

So learn some basic picture editing.

• Crop your pictures first, removed the crap standing next to the tank from the shot, the aiptasia forest, and cayno colony.
    • Resize thereafter. Making is less than 225KB. I found the default setting to resize to Web Large (640x480px) works 100%
    Rule is simple in yellow

This uploader only works with Firefox, not with Internet Explorer.
    Note that the Maximum image size is 1920x1080px and 225kb.
    Allowed file types .gif .jpg .png .bmp .jpeg .jp2 .JPG

Actually is does upload with IE, but just past the pictures incorrectly into your massage, but they are in your image library.

8. rakabos

rakabos

Yeah i think a lot of people dont read the error message that pops up when a pic is too big in dimension or size. I am guessing that is the issue in 99% of the cases where people complain that it doesnt work

9. Keanan

Keanan 2time

Works fine for me.

10. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Keep it!! the problems lies with the user's pc or them not realizing that the image is too big, when this is the case a message in yellow pops up which i never saw, only after my first few attempts..

Last edited: 11 Oct 2011
  11. Mastazee

Mastazee

I have found it very easy to use never had a problem. i think the ability to have everything on one site is cool and not having to manage another account on another website:thumbup:

12. Furbz

Furbz

another way.

download "imageresizertoy" for windows.

really a brilliant, simple and easy to use way of downsizing pictures!

13. zak

zak

No problems, keep it!!

14. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

My vote would obviously come as no suprise..:lol:..sorry, Image Uploader and I just don't see "eye to eye"...I KNOW the problem lies with me as I don't have FireFox and honestly, I've no intention of changing my IE..personal preference...:blush:..besides, I don't like having to resize..I'm VERY dof when it comes to a PC and going via Members Album simplifies it for me..:p

15. viper357

viper357 Thread Starter Admin MASA Contributor

You so nasty :tt2: Are you the lone renegade that voted No on my poll? :lol:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, it will remain in place and I will try and find a coder that can hopefully fix the IE bug.

16. Keanan

Keanan 2time

Shit accidentally said remove it.:blush:
    - the 1 and add to keep it.:blush:

17. belindamotion

Sorry...:blush:..I really don't mind if it stays as it's not in my way or anything but when the vote was more of a case of injection more money trying to "fix" it, I just had to be honest and cast my vote..:) It would be nice to try Image Uploader when the bug is fixed (IE Browser) as so many prefer it over the Album..who knows I might just give it another go and see..:p

18. jacoc

jacoc

It is actualy verry simple...You dont need firefox IE works fine...
    too resize just highlite the pics you want to upload then push right mouse buton and select send to e-mail...a screen wil pop up asking to resize..pick the size you need i normaly use small...then select and send ...the microsoft email screen wil open...now select the pics there and highlight them ...right clik and then cut...now open picture albums and paste them there...and upload from there...it wil take no more than 2 minutes to do this...
    then after you uploaded them here it will be on the top of the page copy and paste here in too the tread...

Electrician24 likes this.
  19. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

@viper357 while you are fiddling with the pic thing, here are a few suggestions. :)

1) Allow for albums to be attached/linked/fixed to threads.

Example: a reefers thread can have all the pic's relating to his thread linked to an album. So in very long, and short threads, readers have the opportunity of viewing all posted pic's and those not posted, that are within the linked album or albums.

2) If a pic is posted in a thread it should not be allowed to be edited or deleted by the user.

3) Put a fancy icon with the others on the top of the home page for gallery viewing. Include a play thing.

4) Have a competition for best album of the month.

5) Let reefers vote for the best pics uploaded this year for the 2012 calendar. :)

6) A bulk uploader would also be nice. To only upload three pic's at a time is a pita.

7) Save up and buy Photobucket.

I am sure many more suggestions will result.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  20. seank

seank

See if you can add something onto image uploader to automatically resize pics. I know of some uploaders that does it automatically, maybe that'll sort your headaches

21. belindamotion

Tell me about it..:p..That's the only thing standing between me and Happiness..:lol:..Oh yeh..and the Cyano..:-(

Last edited: 12 Oct 2011
Recent Posts