IMACSA tank tour.

Reaction score
After speaking to Anthony Calfo on another forum I thought it may be nice for a couple of out of towners including Anthony to tour a few tanks while we are down for IMACSA.

So who feels up for a visit by a couple of reefnecks?

Tanks I would love to see are ALAN, Dragonreef, Millepora (He must have plenty around). Who else is there. Maybe Glynn Foreman. Hey if push comes to shove we may even be prepared to view Vipers Algae Farm. :lol:

I understand if you guys may be too busy packing up on Sunday afternoon. But I am only leaving Monday lunch time so will have a little time on Monday morning as well.

So who's up for a visit?

We would obviously have to keep the numbers down to a manageable amount 15 to 20 max. I have about 6 guys and girls with me already.

Hey Hill ... I hope those 6 include me ...:lol: I'm also keen for the tour, but on sunday we will hopefully be going on the ishaka tour.
I'm gonna be going in my car so shout if someone needs a lift. I'll also be leaving on Monday.

Arrrggghh. Forgot about the Ushaka tour. We will do it afterwards. Yes the 6 did include you. Where have you been?

I've been around... just extremely busy, been spending most of the weeks outta town.
Got any finalisations on the accomadation costs yet... I need to start hiding money away from the minister of finance! :lol:

Will be around R70 to R80 pppn.

Well so far we have ample people to do the tour. Now we just need some tanks to view.

This is a great idea guys, the only problem at the moment is the packing up after IMACSA. At the moment we don't know how this is going to work. Give us a few days to try work it out, the IMACSA committee is meeting again on Friday.

the only problem at the moment is the packing up after IMACSA
Well if this group wants to go on a tank tour then they must all climb in and help with the clean up :) Many hands make light work, I should know, I supervise lots of these types of things :whistling:

I should know, I supervise lots of these types of things :whistling:

man if you lived in a one road town you'd be used be used to running up and down!!

I don't mind helping clean up, if it is a good cause. But I refuse to work under Viper....:lol:

the IMACSA committee is meeting again on Friday.
alan does this include members of the DRC eg.me?as we are hosting.correct?

Hi Mekaeel, just the comittee we will bring the feed back to the next club meeting, from there on the guys are going to be asked to climb in and do some of the graft esp on the 2 days.

Hill, I really think you should pursue this, I am sure Mr Calfo would be more than eager to view some members tanks, maybe he could even go back to PE or EL with you guys for a day or two?

Maybe squeeze in a tank or two on the Friday, dunno, just throwing some idea's around, we certainly can't have Mr Calfo sitting around doing nothing :tt2:

I will be Viper. Problem with getting him down here is arranging transport back. I need a list of guys with tanks worthy of inspection by Mr Calfo.

Guys I have been thinking of are Alan, DragonReef, Millepora and Glynn Foreman. Can you think of anyone else in the area? I realize the above guys will be busy that time, but I can only ask. Thought of starting Sunday afternoon after the behind the scenes tour and possibly continuing Monday morning.

We may be able to fly him back to Durban, I am sure he would love to see your part of South Africa and also Surgeon's tank :)

What about Northlands Pets sps tank (if it's still running), actually they might be closed at that time.

Sunburst has a good tank and good hospitality ;)
Millepora should know of a few other good tanks worth viewing.

Guys Anthony Calfo's visit is very short and a tank tour is on the cards for friday afternoon i think so anybody wishing to join in is more than welcome. The actual time table and whose tanks will still be worked out.

Back
Top Bottom