Imacsa 2009 Bookings Now Open

There are a few in walking distance, the cheapest of which is the Breakwater Lodge which offers a studio at a rack rate of R610 and is very close to the Two Oceans Aquarium (literally across the road and up the stairs).

There are also lots backpackers in Green Point like Big Blue which will be cheaper but more basic.

I've just been to the imacsa.org website, but could not find any place to register / reserve a booking (only the details on how to make a payment, and where to forward the proof of payment to...) It's possible that I've missed a link, but if not, I would suggest that there should be such a function on the website - how else can one check if there is still space available, and make a reservation? It would obviously be stupid to just pay money into a bank account without knowing if there are seats available...

Please let me know ASAP, as I would like to confirm my booking.

Hennie

Hi Hennie :) There are still tickets available, so please go ahead and deposit into the IMACSA account. Thanks for the suggestion. When we get down to the last few tickets, I'll be sure to put up warnings that the payment may be refunded due to all the tickets being bought.

Did you hook up with Ernest? I know the other fellow that wanted a lift has pulled out due to family commitments so I'm sure he'll be happy with the company.

Glad you're coming down :)

@Robvdv the pricing is a bit confusing. At the beginning of this thread it is advertised at R550.00 and on the IMACSA site it is R675.00. Is the price of R550.00 for MASA members and the R675.00 for the rest of the public?

Yeah, the R550 was the "early bird special". The full, final rate of R675 now applies, I'm afraid. Sorry, I did post in this thread that the rate was going up in June already:

Folks, we're starting to advertise IMACSA using posters in LFSs, via the Two Oceans Aquarium marketing and via Google Adwords. We're also going to drop the early bird discount on the ticket price soon.

Perhaps I should also post this on the site to avoid this confusion.

Did you hook up with Ernest? I know the other fellow that wanted a lift has pulled out due to family commitments so I'm sure he'll be happy with the company.

Yes, and he is keen, IF there are one or two more people to share the cost with. So, if anyone from Gauteng or the Free State are interested, please let me know - if this falls through then I will probably fly in to CT - will need a lift from the airport, though :whistling:

Hennie

When booking please don't forget to send me a confirmation email. I have booking fees in the account and I don't know they're from.

Thanks, IMarine! We'll definitely need some help. I'll put you down in the volunteers section :)

Good news! We've booked Anthony and Julian's air tickets from revenue from ticket sales and sponsors. A big thank you to all those who helped our cash flow by booking early :)

So, folks, it's exactly one month to IMACSA. Pretty much all of the big stuff is booked, planned and paid for. We're now on to the little stuff, like canape menu and how to slot in a few more popular lecture topics.

We're 15 tickets away from breakeven point. I know there are a lot of folks who're planning on booking but haven't done so yet. C'moooooon! Book the tickets, guys.

The better the ticket bookings, the more we can expand the canape menu ;)

So folks, it's under two weeks to IMACSA. We're sorting out the last details like printing the lanyards and stocking the goodie bags. If you're still planning on coming, please book as soon as possible. We need to get the final numbers in for the cocktail evening by Monday. It's going to be a lot of fun :)

Also, Ernest from the Visdam is still looking for people to share petrol coming down from Vereniging. If you're interested, please mail info@imacsa.org

Glad to say that my things have worked out, even though I've only paid this morning, I will attend - driving down with Ernst of Vereeniging, who will pick me up in Bloemfontein.

Soooo, looking forward to meeting everyone whom I've not had the pleasure to meet yet :biggrin: :biggrin: and having a good :1: :1: with old friends.

Hennie

Back
Top Bottom