I'm Back!

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by PON Tang, 1 Jul 2013.

1. PON Tang

PON Tang

Hi All,<br />
    <br />
    I must apologize for not replying to all your helpful replies and comments.<br />
    <br />
    Had to take a break from the good life and my tank setup conquest but all is back on track now and in fact my tank was setup 4 weeks or so ago, finally! The start up was quite a learning curve but I'm sure in time with the help of you guys and gals all will be fine with this new challenging hobby :)<br />
    <br />
    I have one small concern? After 4 weeks I'm starting to see green algae forming on some LR and on the surface of the aragonite gravel. One thing I noticed was that when my live rock was delivered in to batches, first 30kg then 15kg a week later, the second batch, a few rocks had allot of algae on already.<br />
    <br />
    I guess my question is how can I get rid of this before it gets out of control? From day one I have covered the tank with a blanket from direct sun light that shines from my skylight during the day.<br />
    <br />
    Cheers

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1372701729.373606.jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. the fish

the fish

If it is normal greean algay best is to get turbo snails. If it is GHA then you can look at emerald crabs or even cowrie snails. They will take care of it easily.

4. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

Welcome!
    First lets get to the cause, nutrients from rock or water or biological filter playing catchup.
    You can get special blend :eek: or stability from seachem to aid in biological filtration and get orca bio cubes for nutrient export , I see you in greenstone, pop into @wild on pets and get everything there

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  5. Dorry

Dorry dorry

:welcometomasa2

6. PON Tang

PON Tang Thread Starter

Hi all Algae is mostly gone I added a clean up crew, 4 turbo snails, 3 hermit crabs, 2 cleaner shrimps and a Emerald crab who ate my baddy star fish :(<br />
    <br />
    But all good now thanks all my tank is starting to look good :)

Recent Posts