If It Won't Live in Aquaria, Leave It in the Ocean!

Firstly - A Very WARM WELCOME to MASA NanoNet! I am VERY GLAD that you found us and joined MASA!

And, also A HUGE THANKS for sharing this information with us! I presume it is not copyrighted?

linking to an article doesnt impose copyright unless it is supposed to be paid for, by virtue of it being on the net and available to search engines, means public can view it.
i work with the web and often advise clients of this

Welcome NanoNet!

Nico one!! Thanks for the info.

Welcome to the forum Nanonet. Thanks for posting the info, lets just hope everyone respects it.

Cool article.

Why is the Clown Tang (Acanthurus lineatus) listed as "Fish that should never be kept in captivity, period."

an interesting article.
i was very surprised to see certian species on the list.
do you think that the authors are being slightly over cautious?

welcome to masa nanonet. very kind of ytou to post pertinant links like that, and good on mike for sticking it down for us, i think thats a gopd read for all, but new guys especially:)

linking to an article doesnt impose copyright unless it is supposed to be paid for, by virtue of it being on the net and available to search engines, means public can view it.
i work with the web and often advise clients of this

Welcome NanoNet!

Hi Dallas - many thanks for this - is this official and can we quote you? :)

Cool article.

Why is the Clown Tang (Acanthurus lineatus) listed as "Fish that should never be kept in captivity, period."

Hi Warr - most likely due to one of the following:
- known aquarium mortality rate compared to surival rate
- known methods of catching (drugging/poisoning)
- likeliness to get marine ich due to stress (this is what happened with the one I bought : it was constantly attacked by my elongated surgeon, which caused stress, which caused a HUGE spread of g. irritans in my tank - causing a huge loss of fish)....

Hi Warr - most likely due to one of the following:
- known aquarium mortality rate compared to surival rate
- known methods of catching (drugging/poisoning)
- likeliness to get marine ich due to stress (this is what happened with the one I bought : it was constantly attacked by my elongated surgeon, which caused stress, which caused a HUGE spread of g. irritans in my tank - causing a huge loss of fish)....

Yeah, but that is the same case for most Tangs, other than the Hawaiian imports ??

A few fish on that list I don't agree with, perhaps some of these fish should rather be listed as "for experienced fishkeepers".

Hello averyone and thanks for your welcome. I hope to learn a lot from you all and share
information to enyoy this hobby. Jacquesb, this article it is not supposed to be copyrighted.
PS; I´m sorry for my poor english, Nanonet.

Hello averyone and thanks for your welcome. I hope to learn a lot from you all and share
information to enyoy this hobby. Jacquesb, this article it is not supposed to be copyrighted.
PS; I´m sorry for my poor english, Nanonet.

Hi Nanonet, welcome to MASA, believe me your English is better than our spanish;)

Back
Top Bottom