if it looks like your tank needs a waterchange it is too late

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mandarinman, 14 Jan 2012.

1. mandarinman

mandarinman

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about doing a waterchange and thought about it and said to myself "the tank still looks fine". then I thoufht about it. our tanks should never look like it needs a waterchange because whatever is making it look bad is already there. seeping into rocks and affecting livestock. the motivation to do a waterchange (note to self) is to KEEP it looking and being good. so yes my weekly waterchange is now calling me so I will get up in five or so minutes and go prep my water for Todays waterchange.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

well id say that if youve been doing weekly water changes your tank would never visably show the 'need' for a water change.

often one will have a slight yellow tint to water thats in the tank too long and that can be an indication that a fairly large water change is needed, but you are right, if the tank looks so bad that you feel guilty about not having done a water change, then you probably should have done it a month ago......now time for me to also go change some water.....a month late!

4. Mewik

Mewik

lol I also woke up and changed some water. It was like I couldn't resist and was compelled to do it even though I know I don't really have to do it. I need a 2nd hobby

5. mandarinman

mandarinman Thread Starter

its almost like" how can you be relaxing , you havnt done a water cahnge!

Recent Posts