If I add a sixline wrasse, am I still "understocked"

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
I know its a bit of a tough question as everyone has their own views on this.

Tank is 130L

1 Midas blenny
2 Ocellaris clowns

I quite like it being understocked as it means less cleaning and maintenance for me.

If I buy a sixline wrasse will I still be able to stick to a single 10% water change a week etc?

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Boyu 310 (its a nano skimmer but works quite well) - all the guys overseas were upgrading their nano's with this model

Matt

Wrasse
Reaction score
Wee-Man, not too sure as it came with the tank. I think its 150L

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Wee-Man, not too sure as it came with the tank. I think its 150L
Well until you know the maximum volume at low and heavy stocking of your tank, you shouldn't test it too hard, have a little google or ask at the store where you got it, don't let them fob you off with vague replies though, there will be a specified design limit for that skimmer.

shan

Chromis
Reaction score
matt - even with the six line -you will still be way understocked and can easily get away with the 10% water change - you can even add 6 fire gobies and be ok

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
matt - even with the six line -you will still be way understocked and can easily get away with the 10% water change - you can even add 6 fire gobies and be ok
Hi Shan, what do you base the calculation on? not having a dig, but Matt should be able to understand how you came to your conclusion. That way he will be able to decide for himself.