Identify?

Wetty

Tuned by Tunze, turboed by Red Sea
Reaction score
A friend gave me a nenny yesterday.....she recieved it from one of her friends and her tanks not ready yet plus sumthing tried to take a chunk outa the poor lil dude. My tank is going onto 30 days now from start. My parameters are all ok but my nitrate is a lil more than id like...but still within good parameters.
Sorry bout the camera quality....nokia dont know wot they are doing.
Can sumone identify this nenny....and give me sum info on it...or a link to look at?

20zu4pf.gif

wt8110.gif

11k8rrn.gif

at a guess a rose bubble tip but difficult to tell as there is little tentacle exposure...

Its got green bubble like tentacles in the centre...once it opens up.

sorry wetty, nice to try help out a friend but its way to early, your tank parameters are still going to fluctuate even if your cycle is over until your system reaches a balance. and they require very heavy lighting. what lighting have you got wetty

brave to put it in such a young system.. do you not have a friend with a mature system with good paramaters that could look after it for a while?
general rule is a minimum of 6 months before you even try a nennie...
i'm afraid that it might not live very long in your system..

Yeah, I second that.

A nemmie is a very delicate creature and need near perfect water conditions and a tank that has been running at least 6 months. It will probably die in your tank :(

I know my tanks not ready...but unfort the lil dude is a victim of circumstance. Her tanks a few days younger than mine...and sumthing already tried to take a chunk outa it. So we had no choice but to move it to my tank. My hermits and gravel snail have been in my tank for bout over a week now...and they seem to be happy. A polyp and mushroom have started growing.
It prob would die....but I cant just leave it to die...I need to give it a fighting chance.
Iv got that D D aquarium T5 lighing unit with Actinic + and Aquablue + Geisseman 24w tubes in. And iv placed the Nenny right at the top of my liverock structure....bout 20cm from the lights atleast. Its moved to the side....but still close.

i didnt know wot to do....cant just let it die in the other tank.

if your really looking to keep it alive, maybe see if there is someone in your area who could keep it and feed it for you while your tank develops?

otherwise, see if you can get a picture of it when its fully opened so we can ID it.
this will help us better understand what this nennies requirements are..
has it open up at all?

judging by your pictures, it moved to rather get its foot into a safer area.

if your really looking to keep it alive, maybe see if there is someone in your area who could keep it and feed it for you while your tank develops?

otherwise, see if you can get a picture of it when its fully opened so we can ID it.
this will help us better understand what this nennies requirements are..
has it open up at all?

judging by your pictures, it moved to rather get its foot into a safer area.

I think I shud do that

hey wetty, the best fighting chance would be to pass it on, for a while at least, to someone with prefferably a bigger system. maybe MHs too, these guys are light hungry and it will recover better and then that me be so much better for it. Even if its not too much of a light demandin nennie it will need those good water conditions

first things first what are your parameters? if stable i see no harm in it staying put.. if still fluctuating and to what degree? then i would consider moving it.. remember its trickier moving a damaged anemone than a healthy one as the wound could get infected... weigh up your options and make a decision... in mid crises stop have a beer and think about it first...

Using a Red Sea Pro Lab....kit. My PH is 8.4 @ 26 degrees Celcius....all the rest are almost 10 - 0 ppm and my nitrates is below 25ppm. Well according to my results....I tested for the first time last saturday at bout 1pm-ish....and again lastnite.
I know its not looking good....but alas im in a mess.
I added Red Sea Nitro Bac bout 2 weeks ago...well half bottle...and the rest on saturday.

Back
Top Bottom