ID this fish please have pic. red sea fish

those dont look like red sea clownfish.. hmm the ones i see all the time in the red sea(egypt) are clarkii clowns.

Its A omanensis...wont find it in stores as the sultan of oman has placed a ban on catching. Apparently he owns the only ones in captivity

Sorry forgot to mention...Oman is not close to the red sea....searching in the wrong place Yuri

Last edited:

its my tank all fish from red sea except tomato clown​

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice tank :) and your fish are energetic and nice anemone too. good luck with it hope it stays great.

Its A omanensis...wont find it in stores as the sultan of oman has placed a ban on catching. Apparently he owns the only ones in captivity

Sorry forgot to mention...Oman is not close to the red sea....searching in the wrong place Yuri

Thy are native to oman and yemen (look on fishbase)
Yemen is at the red sea frans

the red sea and indian ocean right? maybe they're found more south than egypt. or maybe i just have not seen them lol they're cute though. :p

Thy are native to oman and yemen (look on fishbase)
Yemen is at the red sea frans

You are quite correct that they occur in Yemen as well (actually Southern Oman) Yuri, and yes Yemen has a coastline bordering the Red Sea but , and this is purely semantics, they are endimic to the Arabian Sea, thus the area of Yemen bordering that. (Allen et al.) ;)

But seeing that neither of us has been there to actually catalog this , we are taking internet info at face value

Are obtained by illegal means

Back
Top Bottom