ID this crab please

Reaction score
Hi guys

I ordered anemone crabs and got these?

5074e7c5726456d3.jpg

5074e7c57264db9f.jpg

I've had a bit of a google and it looks like it could possibly be a type of Porcelain crab, one of the Petrolisthes species. Not sure though.

sally lightfoot derivitive, looks predatory

Looks like a type of porcelain crab ( Petrolisthes spp. (possibly P. galathinus)).

I love ordering strange or new stock and normally I am able to ID them directly out of the box, but these ............. well lets just say, more homework need to be done before I sell them :lol:

Yes it act and look a lot like a porcelain crab, even feeding via those cute nets :) but I love to know more before we sell them, if I do not keep them for myself.:whistling:

Moolis

I love ordering strange or new stock and normally I am able to ID them directly out of the box, but these ............. well lets just say, more homework need to be done before I sell them :lol:

Moolis

:lol::lol:...I love the fact that the Shops also ask for ID..;)..for a minute there, I thought all LFS walk on water..:p:tt2:

:lol::lol:...I love the fact that the Shops also ask for ID..;)..for a minute there, I thought all LFS walk on water..:p:tt2:

I love this hobby because every day I learn something new and exciting!!:thumbup:

Ordering new species just add to the excitement, but after 8 full years landing marines every week, with only the break during the fire, it become difficult to get a species not readily identifiable:(

So asking this is as exciting for me as it should be for you.

This crab is introduced into a anemone aquarium and another to a coral tank to see what is going to happen. But I am confident it is a species of Porcelain crab and reef safe.

Olive green crab and bright purple crab :p

Is a porcelain crab !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got confirmation that their habitat and behavior is similar. 3 was kept in a nano of 95 liters with some softy's and a sand anemone for 6 months and no damage ;)

Thanks for all the guys emails and PM trying to help - I do appreciate

Guess where some of these are going now :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom