ID PLease

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
HHHmmm - eish Ashraf - I am sorry to bring bad news, mate. But, even though I MIGHT be wrong, it does look like a goniporia to me....
Well - just try your best to keep it fed with some coral food....

Good luck!

Reaction score
HHHmmm - eish Ashraf - I am sorry to bring bad news, mate. But, even though I MIGHT be wrong, it does look like a goniporia to me....
Well - just try your best to keep it fed with some coral food....

Good luck!
Yup - I thought so - Anyway I look at it this way - At least I get to enjoy its splendor for a few months.

Before you "green peace okes" have a fit. It was caught already so it can either live for as long as possible getting the best care I can give it or DIE in someone elses tank.:razz:

Reaction score
LOL Ashraf..... no problems.... but - try and feed the coral some coral food - this could most likely enhance the chances of the coral's survival.....
How does Kent Marine Phytoplex or Fozen Phytoplankton blocks sound as food to you..

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
An easy way to tell the difference is to count the amount of "fingers" at the end of a stalk, if it has 12 it is alveopora, if it has 24 then it is goniopora.

Reaction score
Defo a goni, once very tricky to care for, but recent importd (to the UK at least) have prooven very hardy and thrive in well managed tanks.

Reaction score
The Kent phytoplancton is good. You can also use things like Coral Frenzy of Cyclopeeze

Reaction score
Niel, can your mate tell me what type of Goni the large Green one in front is? I have the same - would be great if he could share his secrets with us foklks that bought these as an uneducated purchase like myself - and I really want to make it work.

Mine is 4 months old, and growing like mad - new polyps all over the show

I feed my Goni Cyclopeez, ZoPlan and frozen Red Plankton - have a device to cover the goni while I do it, it is under t5's.

Reaction score
Very nice neilharris. Your friend has some nice specimens. I love the movement of goniopora. I was able to keep mine about 10 mos. before it succumbed. It's death is a slow process and painful to watch. We have them for sale all over Atlanta but many of our members are reluctant to do Gonio because of the poor success rate. I fed mine phytoplankton, Cyclopeeze, you name it, to no avail. Hope you guys continue your success with these animals and share your knowledge. I'll be following.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
hornjbl ID Needed 2
Riaan_Nano_20 ID Needed 8
H ID Needed 3
H ID Needed 3
P ID Needed 2