ID please ?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
They look rather colonial (spreading well - pest) but i've not seen that type before

Reaction score
They look rather colonial (spreading well - pest) but i've not seen that type before
Mike how many Stellas you had ?

Is it called colonial or spreading well or maybe it's called pest ? :whistling:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Mike how many Stellas you had ?

Is it called colonial or spreading well or maybe it's called pest ? :whistling:
Colonial as in colonial hydriod, these spread very quickly and are considered a pest.;)

Funnily enough, not had a drop today, perhaps i should:thumbup:

Reaction score
Colonial as in colonial hydriod, these spread very quickly and are considered a pest.;)

Funnily enough, not had a drop today, perhaps i should:thumbup:
Please explain the statement in red.

"These possibly could be hydroids (Class Hydrozoa). Some of the Hydroids are photosynthetic and can be very beautiful, a deceiving disguise as they are potentially dangerous to other inhabitants. Hydroid polyps are part of the life cycle of the animal. They are the asexual stage of life for many of the "jellyfish" and are related to such colonial hydrozoans such as the fire coral, Millepora and others such as Stylaster, Distichtophora, and Allopora."

Source - Google Image Result for http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/anemones/hydroids1.jpg/variant/medium

Last edited:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Please explain the statement is red.

"These possibly could be hydroids (Class Hydrozoa). Some of the Hydroids are photosynthetic and can be very beautiful, a deceiving disguise as they are potentially dangerous to other inhabitants. Hydroid polyps are part of the life cycle of the animal. They are the asexual stage of life for many of the "jellyfish" and are related to such colonial hydrozoans such as the fire coral, Millepora and others such as Stylaster, Distichtophora, and Allopora."

Source - Google Image Result for http://www.reefs.org/hhfaq/anemones/hydroids1.jpg/variant/medium
The statement IS red because you highlighted it that way;)