ID Please

Reaction score
I have had this piece of rock for 4 years, and suddenly this pops up

EditPics007.jpg

good last time i heard. Seen some German tanks that has macro algae as features. Seawater plants i guess.

wow those must have been dormant all this time or a new spore may have settled on that rock... i remember buying a rock of yellow bali polyps and having 5 different types of macro algae grow out of it... of course it was during the era of trying to get plants to grow in our tanks so i was so pleased.....

now its a pest.... he he weird how times have changed....

Halimeda (Cactus Algae) are generally hardy in a marine aquarium, and few fish will feed on it. It is not an invasive plant that will cause harm to close neighboring corals or invertebrates. In addition to light, it requires a sufficient level of calcium to grow. They are not as tolerant of high nitrate or phosphate levels compared to some other algae. They also do not tolerate extensive pruning.

Halimeda (Cactus Algae) are generally hardy in a marine aquarium, and few fish will feed on it. It is not an invasive plant that will cause harm to close neighboring corals or invertebrates. In addition to light, it requires a sufficient level of calcium to grow. They are not as tolerant of high nitrate or phosphate levels compared to some other algae. They also do not tolerate extensive pruning.

Thanks Dean

How fast does it grow?

The fact that few fishes eat it and they do not tolerate extensive pruning rings alarm bells for me.

Back
Top Bottom