ID on these softies plz`

Reaction score
Guys I found some softies in the sea at durban today,I need some help on ID plz,cant get a proper photo since all of them are blurry,I found it in a rock pool in low tide,it comes in blue and greenish and purpleish,it comes in small bunches and its a hairy type of coral,it almost looks like a miniature bunch of star polyps with glowish ends on the tipe of the fingers

hotdog83

Clone Fish
Reaction score
Hey Franske, I know exactly what you mean, IIRC I think it is called African Bush Coral or something, a type of Cespitularia. Mine was in the tank for exactly 2 days before the hermits helped themselves to all of it. Very pretty though!

Reaction score
Pics

Got some proper pics now,they are a bit closed on the pics but hope you can make something out from them
DSCN0982.jpg
DSCN0983.jpg

DSCN0985.jpg

Reaction score
It looks like a xenia species. I know exactly what you are talking about because a freind has some in his tank. It looks like "Blue Xenia". At least that what I have been calling it. It does great under pretty strong lighting and grows like a weed once it settles. My friend has it all over his back glass. I though about going to get some as well.