ICP water analysis

Reaction score
Hi guys.

My lab just acquired this lab equipment and was wondering if someone is already doing these kind of tests?

What it comes down to is that i can test for about 32 elements in the water.
Would you guys or shops be interested in these kind of tests if there isn't a lab that is doing this already?

If there is enough interest than i can find out the last few things the lab will need to do these tests.

Last edited:
As far as I know everyone in SA that wants to do an ICP test have to send away their water overseas.

Will be interested depending on price
It will all depend on the type of elements that we want to test and the amount of people that will want these kind of tests.
I will get some quotes on Monday.

This isn't my targeted market so i just want to cover my labs cost and i also want to do this test on my tank

Icp testing is available in SA. I once found a company that does it. The name of the place just escapes me right now. But if i remember it wasnt cheap. Something like R100 a test. If you want to test 32 elements you can do the maths. Ill try and find the place name. Think it was some company in Isando or there about

Alternatively you can buy icp tests online and then send direct to triton

Last edited:
Icp testing is available in SA. I once found a company that does it. The name of the place just escapes me right now. But if i remember it wasnt cheap. Something like R100 a test. If you want to test 32 elements you can do the maths. Ill try and find the place name. Think it was some company in Isando or there about

Alternatively you can buy icp tests online and then send direct to triton
R100 per element?

Yeah something like that...some are a bit cheaper and some a bit more. But overall not very cheap to do

If we can decide on about 10 elements then it shouldn't cost more than R500 or R600 in total...
I just have to put in some time to get my calibration curves right and then we are a go.

It will also make it cheaper if i can run at least a few samples the same day.
Lets say for example each Friday as this will only be to help fellow reefkeepers.

What elements would you guys like to test? I know i would like to see if there is too much copper or iron in my tank.
Not sure if can create a voting poll for this?

I know the guys on reef2reef is obsessed with icp. Im sure if one spend some time on reef2reef one will get a idea of what is more important than others

Back
Top Bottom