Urgent help needed ich in my tank

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by edyta2382, 21 Jun 2010.

1. edyta2382

edyta2382

:(Hi every one i got a goldrim tang last week the tang spread whit spot in my tank
    now my yellow tang is infected and my baby regal i'm using herbtana -microbe lift
    for 7 days it dont seem any beter i don't wont to remove the tangs from the ds
    tank last time i did it i lost my powder blue from stress my fish swim actvely and
    have big apetite and don't scratch they got spots can anyone help? .Edyta

Last edited: 23 Jun 2010
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Reef Maniac

Reef Maniac MASA Contributor

Perhaps you would get more response if you provided more information, such as:

What size is your tank
    How long has it been established, and when did you add the various inmates
    What filtration system are you using, and does the tank have any live rock and/or a deep live sand bed
    A full list of all fish in the tank, and an indication of what and how many inverts (corals, shrimps, clams, etc. etc.)
    A full set of test parameters of the water - preferably at least temperature, SG, ammonia/um, nitrite and nitrate.

As an aside, it is NOT a good idea to keep more than one tang in a "normal size" tank, and you mention having at least 3 at the moment, and you also had a fourth one which has died. The tangs are most likely stressing each other to a point where they are becoming ill. Without knowing anything more about your setup, I would suggest that removing all but one of the tangs will be a long-term cure.

Hennie

4. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

hello hennie my tank is a 67 uk galons ,50-60 kg live rock ,2 red shrimps ,1mandarin
    1 coral goby ,sand sifting goby ,2clowns 1cleaner goby , glodrim tang and a yellow tang ,i lost my baby regal last week . they are not fighting they are geting on fine
    when im near the tank they will come to me for food ,water parameters are fine
    no2 0ppm
    no3 0.5ppm
    cal 440 ppm
    amonia 0ppm
    phos 0.5 ppm
    ph 8.2
    salinity 1.025
    my tank is runing on 2 large external filters
    and 2 power heads
    no protein skimer yet
    regarding the powder blue that was before the 2 tangs came ,he was the only one
    tang in the aquarium

5. Reef Maniac

Ummm, not so good with the archaic measurements... I guess that would be around 250 liters :whistling: making it a high 1.2m (4') tank?

Tangs really need huge tanks in which to swim, and if your tank IS in fact a four footer, you should really not be keeping ANY tang in it, never mind keeping three. Even if it is a five foot tank, you should not be keeping more than one tang in it if you want the tank's inhabitants to be healthy and stress-free, so I would suggest that you decide which tang you like most, and return/sell/give away the other two.

Perhaps for now, but with your high bio-load (9 fish, including three tangs which grow pretty large, pretty quickly) and filtration system in a rather small tank, you are bound to experience water-quality problems rather sooner than later.

:whistling:

Hennie

6. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

:(Hi i aded the 2 tangs three weeks ago, for now im trying to fight the whit spot in the main tank not moving the fish
    i think they would not make it if i move them to the qt tank all my fish are infected
    now im dosing herbtana for 15 days already and no result i been told in my store not
    to move my fish if they are eating moving them will stress them and they might stop eating by the way my tank is runing for nine months now.Edyta
    has anyone used octozin tablets by waterlife they suposed to be invert safe

Last edited: 30 Jun 2010
  7. Reef Maniac

Well, if you cannot move the fish, then move all the rest, and treat the DT by lowering the salinity as recommended in various "white-spot" threads on the forum and elsewhere. Just keep in mind that one cannot treat a person for (say) snake bite before removing the snake, or in your case the added stress of having three tangs in a small tank...

Hennie

8. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

hello this morning my godrim tang is not loolking good he turned to gray did not eat and he is not very active i removed almost every thing from the dt tank and dosed it with octozin tablets
    and lowered the salinity to 1.018 i don't think he will make it till tomorow .Edyta:(

Last edited: 30 Jun 2010
  9. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

well my powder brown deid today at 23:19 i dont know if the rest of the fish will make it for now they eat as normal it makes me feel lkie giving up my hobby
    tomorow i will dose the medication again if i will lose all my fish i don't know what i will do now i feel like crying ,i hope at least my yellow tang will make it .Edyta

Last edited: 1 Jul 2010
  10. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

hello im been keeping my fish in the qt tank for almost two weeks now today when i came home i i saw lots of bubbles on top of the water i made some tests and seems fine no nitrates ,no amonia ph 8.2 in low salinity 1.010 i'm making water changes every morning to keep the amonia in control fish seem fine can someone let me know what is going on i'm
    worried .

Last edited: 11 Jul 2010
  11. SaltyReef

SaltyReef

sometimes you have to just let them be.

also feed them sliced fresh garlic or add garlic power to there food as well as a multi-vitamin.

Your best chance as far as i'm concerned is that you keep them well fed on a variety of foods and vitamens which will help them fight off the ich on there own. As long as they are not stressed by factors like poor water quality or something chasing it around the tank that is.

Everytime I've tried to treat the ich with medicines and salinity i've lost fish.

Recent Posts