ich in my tank

Discussion in 'New Members' started by edyta2382, 18 Jun 2010.

1. edyta2382

edyta2382

Hello every one im Edyta im got my 80 gallon reef tank for a year now since then i been fighting ich most of the time exept ich every thing else is fine water parameters are stable fish are eating fine only my goldrim tang ocasionaly scrathes
    i dont wont to move my fish to other tank since last time i moved my powder blue i lost id within a week from stress so i started dosing herbtana any one used this stuff please let me know

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Hey Edyta, welcome to MASA bruvver, have you tried adding garlic to their food? also a multivitamin can be added? this worked for me....

4. LifeAquatic

LifeAquatic

Edyta, how much substrate do you have in the tank? I was having problems too and finally said 'enough' and removed a majority of the substrate. Now very thin layer on bottom to the point the bottom shows through in many areas. Seems to have cleared up the spots quite nicely.

5. Annoying

Annoying

Hey and welcometo MASA! Just a few Questions, how ocasionally does your tang get white spots? Do they stay for long or does it dissapear in a day or two? Have you lost any fish due to the white spot? The reason me asking is that tangs easily get white spot and quickly shake it of. Like gMan said try and feed more vitamin enriched food(espesialy garlic) to your fish as this helps the imune system and helps prevent desease.

6. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

well im going to remove the substrae in the morning i hope this will worck by the way im feeding garlic in my food and multivitamin i cant see the spots in the goldrim tang probably becuase of the lighting im sure his got them he spents alot time geting cleaned by the shrimps and my other fish got them

Last edited: 19 Jun 2010
  7. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

im dosing hebtana microbe-lift dose anybody have used this before if so can you tell me if this worcks:(

8. Johan van Aardt

Johan van Aardt I love marines [R.I.P.]

there has been people that dosed it and alot of people found it to work

ill try find the link for you

9. Johan van Aardt

ok i cant find the thread but it should be here somewere, im using the special blend and its working good for me

10. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

hello today i removed most of the substrate i hope this will work let see what happens next my fish got a bit strssed of my hands in the tank, since i removed the carbon from the filters i noticed lots of algae in my tank i hope this ten days of dosing will not mess up my tank tomorow i will do a couple of tests to see whats going on
    im dreaming that im loosing my fish ohh i dont wont this to happen :(

11. Johan van Aardt

maybe also do a waterchange or two within the ten days.

usually fish get whitespot becaus of stress and fish usually stress because they not happy in their home.

have you changed anything in the past few weeks?

whats your tank size?

whats your livestock list

12. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

hi Johan i recently aded some liverock and i aded the goldrim tang i think the tang was the one that spread the whit spot i had the uv runing at all time and still my clown fish got it and the regal tang and the yellow tang got it i know that tangs are prone to whit spot ,they don't seem stressed the eat well im woried of the yellow tang he lost some wheight even he is eating alot and sweming activley ,my tank is 300 liters 1 yellow tang goldrim tang ,smal regal tang 1 maroon clow fish ,1 percula clown fish ,red mandarin ,coral goby ,sand syfting goby 60kg live rock and corals ,water parameters are fine
    no2 0ppm
    no3 0.5
    ph 8.1
    dkh 10
    calcium 440 ppm
    phos 0.5
    salnity 1.25
    i got some phosphate since i removed the special carbon
    since im dosing ,herbtana

13. Johan van Aardt

are all the fish still eating?

14. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

I think your tank is too small for 3 tangs - that could be why they stress or even fight and get/spread white spot. I would remove some of the tangs.
    I also see you got a manderin and a sand sifting goby in that tank. They will deplete the pod population very quickly and they can starve to death - see if you can add supplement feeding. Just be careful and watch the parameters.

15. edyta2382

edyta2382 Thread Starter

Tobes my regal tang is just 3cm long its a baby tang and my mandarine and goby
    are eating frozen feed like mysis and brine ,a the moment all my fish are eating with no problem is just the whit spot .Edyta

Recent Posts