Ich help

Reaction score
Hi

So my main display has ich. My fault i know. Lessons learned

I have a regal tang, purple tang, tomini tang. 2 pajama cardinals and algea blenny only. All tangs are about 10 cm.

I need some advice, do i do the tank transfer method, setup a hospital tank, which is best.
Because, i want to do 2 months without anything in main display.

Thanks

Hi @NamMario I personally never stressed much about it because the parasite doesn't want it's food source to die so for me it was a uv, mixed diet, stability and eventually signs of it vanished but depending on how bad it is I would hypo. Both worked for me.

thanks...what medication did u use?
Also how long was the tanks set up before u transfer fish, will go the same root. Lesson learned

My QT ran for 1 week prior TTM final transfer . Used Stability to seed with matrix . Prime used when needed .

For the TTM i mixed 100% new water a couple of hours before transfer . Matched temp and SG and transferred fish.

Bleaching and drying very important . Heatgun works well in winter. Even sterilized with boiling water . Airstone and hose got the bin every transfer .
Didn't use pumps for water flow , to many hiding spots for ick .

Oh and feed before every transfer.

Depends on the outbreak and how bad the fish have it.
If a few, yeah, take the change and let the fish sit through this cycle. Hopefully they would be recovered enough, build up some immunity before the next round at about 14 days.

Or you could do the tank transfer method to be sure you got rid of it.

A couple of tanks just goes along fine with an infection. Will see a few dots on a fish now and then. Stress the fish and you would see a bigger outbreak within a week. But somehow they go on and survive. Even thou I always do the tank / bucket transfer method, my tank is now at this stage. Powder blue sometimes got a spot or two noticeable. Then clean again for a month.

Although, if infection is very noticeable among all your fish, I do recommend drastic measures like bucket transfer. Moved every second day for total 10 days. And there after into a holding tank for 4 weeks.

O no its not that drastic, i can`t even see it on my cardinals or my blenny. just a few spots 3-4 on tails of tangs.
But want to get rid of it because my 2 new small clowns died, and new fish might when i stock up. So will do the fallow for 76-80 days.
But just don`t want to lose tangs, when i QT them. And then all new fish will get proper QT

O no its not that drastic, i can`t even see it on my cardinals or my blenny. just a few spots 3-4 on tails of tangs.
But want to get rid of it because my 2 new small clowns died, and new fish might when i stock up. So will do the fallow for 76-80 days.
But just don`t want to lose tangs, when i QT them. And then all new fish will get proper QT

Personally if it is only a few spots, I would leave them. I have tried in the past to eradicate white spot by going fallow and having extended periods of quarantine, but in the end I always ended up losing fish in qt due to instability, and still got white spot in my tank. This was 4 years ago, and the only time white spot became an issue since then is when there is instability in main tank (bad water quality, a cycle, lower temperatures etc). I have lost probably 5 fish to white spot since then, but it was due to neglecting the tank or instability when I move fish between tanks. And even if you eliminate white spot, sub optimal water conditions will find another way to kill fish, whether that is a bacterial infection or something else that is not possible to quarantine for.

Thanks, i did have an issue with temp, just a sudden cold in Namibia. Have gotten it under control since, everything else is fine.

Back
Top Bottom