Ice Machine

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by tinusb, 10 May 2009.

1. tinusb

tinusb

Hi all

Does anybody have a 'Ice Factory' as sold by EasyIce.co.za? I've got a problem with my machine, whereby it keeps on freezing the water, without getting rid of the ice cubes - you end up with the base of an ice cube being 1cm thick, thus not being able to break off, etc. etc. etc.

OR is there anybody with vast knowledge on refrigeration, etc?

Thanx!
    Tinus

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. seank

seank

Thinus, check your "heat" thermoatsat. It is supposed to go thru the "cycle"where , after the ice is frozen, the pipes becomes hot, "realeasing" the cubes, if it works the same as the ice machines I know of

4. Tony

Tony

Some ice machines work on a tiny electrical charge to release the ice cubes or like sean said. Why not send it in for a service. I wortk in restaurants and we work with those giant industrial one but I'm sure it's the same principle

5. tinusb

tinusb Thread Starter

Thanx guys! It's either the thermostat that's defective [ie. the temperature sensor] or the electronics board. I've contacted easyice.co.za - guy by the name of 'Richard', but after sales service is EXTREMELY poor. Tony, I'm in Windhoek - ice machine bought in Durban -- just the transport to Durbs and back would be the price of a new one almost I guess. Is there any way I can see or find out the rating of the temperature sensor, in order to be able to just replace it? Last option would be the board, I think... Richard told me it's the gas solenoid - but if you bridge the connection on the PC Board, the solenoid triggers without a problem. Weird thing is, the ice machine stood off for about a month, and after we turned it on, it made about 20kg of ice, normal without a problem, then it started it's sh!t again! :(

Any ideas?
    T

Recent Posts