I want to change to marine fish

Discussion in 'New Members' started by KATHIE, 23 Jan 2012.

1. KATHIE

KATHIE

Hi

I have 400l Malawi tank & I want to change to marine fish & coral. I don't want difficult stuff. I would like to see & have a chat with fellow members on the do's & don't of Marine tanks. I live in Midrand. My tank has sump but not very big. I would like to do a basic marine tank.

Waiting for your reply in anticipation.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Welcome to MASA, glad you joined us. Before you do anything, I suggest you read the link in my signature on starting a marine tank - it will give you great advice and also help you to understand if the guys talk about certain things. A short but good read ;)

4. rakabos

rakabos

If u ever come out this side, ure welcome to have a look see and ask a million questions, but yeah read first what Tobes pointed out, oh and WELCOME to MASA

5. gMAN

gMAN with the plan

Welcome to masa KATHIE, seeing that you're in Midrand, maybe pop into Idol Marine and have a chat with Luis, I'm sure he will be very helpful and point you in the right direction ;)

6. crispin

crispin

hello and welcome to masa, great to have you join. we will do all we can to help you convert over yto marines and the best thing about masa is that the advice you get is deseigned to give you the best long term result, not what is best for a shop keepers pocket:)

converting over to marines isnt as difficult as it is made out to be, but its def worth reading and asking questions alot before you spend money so that you know what you are doing and how you are going to achieve that goal.

Why not give us a few pics of what you have and lets see if there is any advice we can give you right away?

Have you EVER used copper based medication on that tank in the past?

as you are in midrand I would suggest you pop into Idol Marines and have a look at what they can achieve with a little silicone, some glass and alot of knowledge. There is no better shop for advice in Sa in my opinion and they will set you on the right track. Especially have a chat to Louise about a sump and how it works, why to use it and what its limitations are:)

7. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

8. KATHIE

KATHIE Thread Starter

Thanks a lot guys. Can you guys PM your details cause I want to do my home work before I go into marine. I have put my tank on tropicalaquarium. But the tank has changed a lot. Shores of Lake Malawi

Recent Posts