Urgent help needed I think my blue tang has Marine ich!!!!

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by williet, 1 Jan 2011.

1. williet

williet Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

Hi all!

On day 2 I started noticing my fish has got some " salt granules" on its skin.
    It hangs all the time with cleaner shrimp and it goes ballistic for my tang!
    I googles it and it looks like ich?

What can I use to treat my tank with for ich? I have crabs and a baby brittle star fish
    So no copper treatment!!!

I heard adding garlic to their food helps. Is this true???
    Please help?

I am desperate!
    Willie

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

Blue tangs pretty much always have ich. I presume this is day 2 after getting a new fish so it's pretty much 90% chance he will have it. If he is feeding fine then he should be ok. Just make sure water is fine and he isn't being harrassed by any other fish etc.

4. magman

magman

Just make sure the water quality is 100%, and if it is eating then it should be fine. The cleaners can't eat the ick parasites, but they do provide a bit of relief to the fish. If the fish is eating, add some seachem metrodiozinole to the food, just lace it with a bit of garlic as the fish wont eat it cause the taste. Also the garlic helps pull the metro into the food.

Usually after the 3-4 day the fish has settled in a bit, and you wont see the symptoms so much

5. williet

williet Thread Starter Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

Hi all

Thanks for the response! My tang - shes looking very active and eats like a race horse. She also loves my Cleaner shrimps and hangs around with him all the time!!!
    I will shortly go and buy some Nori for her and some Garlic oil + Muti from the petshop. Tell me should I quarantine her ? I only have 2 Clowns and a Bicolor blennie and the look healthier than ever ?

Cheers !

6. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Hi.
    Ive used paragaurd and lately herbatainia with good results for white spot.

if you use paragaurd , underdose with the 2nd , 3rd and 4th treatments.
    herbatainia works , but takes a little longer.

Good luck
    David

7. Afsal

Afsal

i wudnt worry too much abt medicating , as the guys have said as long as she's eating , she'l be fine .....

8. williet

williet Thread Starter Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

Thanks man ! She seems to not have the spots anymore but she is still rubing against the rocks !

Will get her some nori today !

9. magman

magman

Don't stress if it is eating, qt and meds stress the fish more. If you want to treat, treat the food with the seachem metro, don't put any other meds in the dt, cause then you turn off the skimmer etc, use the paraguard if you have to in qt as a last resort, I found the herbtana makes the water smell, and then the fish don't eat.

It is eating, so don't stress

10. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Hi Willet.

Its true that new fish bought cane get whitespot and it will go away on its own, but i would definatly treat the fish in the begining stages with herbatana.

you mentioned fermulin - the treatment Paragaurd is Aldahide ( if i recall corectly )a dirivative of formulin - it works but gives you corals a knock.

I find it easier to treat the tank for 10 days and not stress the fish out by putting it into the QT tank as all the fish in the tank will be in contact with the high whitespot "count " anyway.

Good luck
    David

Recent Posts