I got crabs

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
whats up guys

I have a hairy monkey Crab (i think thats what its called in my tank):errrr:
How the hell can i get rid of the thing
1) i have tried to make a trap with some food i a tot glass but my cleaner shrimp always manage to get in and get the chow
2) i got told to take the rock out and look for him out the water but my blenny lives in that rock and he is always in the rock so i can't take it out.

Is there any other way to get him out?
I don't want to see a half eaten blenny one day

gaz19

Wrasse
Reaction score
whats up guys

I have a hairy monkey Crab (i think thats what its called in my tank):errrr:
How the hell can i get rid of the thing
1) i have tried to make a trap with some food i a tot glass but my cleaner shrimp always manage to get in and get the chow
2) i got told to take the rock out and look for him out the water but my blenny lives in that rock and he is always in the rock so i can't take it out.

Is there any other way to get him out?
I don't want to see a half eaten blenny one day
you didnt have to share that on a public forum:razz: (the heading)

nah just kidding. try offer some food so the bleeny swims out then take the rock out and poke the bugger to death:yeahdude:

robski

Shrimp
Reaction score
oooh, you should get over to your GP strait away for some lotion. Not cool... and monkey crabs, dude, where were you?

mike Bushie

Chromis
Reaction score
thought i would get flack for that :goofy:
I did manage to pock him once or twice i be don't think he is dead though maybe very injured we will see

Brian Grobler

Copepod
Reaction score
It's easy!! I had two of freaken litlle shits!! Get a small flat rock or a rock with a hollow on it's belly, Then put a small piece of raw marine fish, one can but at a supermarket. Then put the small piece of fish under the rock. Wait for him to move under the rock, then quick lift the rock but without him seeing your hand moving towards the rock. They get so surprised when you lift the rock and walla, grab him or squash him. Cause sometimes they just dont get between your fingers and slip away!! Try it, it worked for me. Just remember not to leave the dead piece of fish longer than a day, just keep renewing it before it starts rotting. The small piece I used was a piece of sammon and was no bigger the a 5mm square. Hope it works like it did for me,,,,believe me I turned nearly my whole tank around trying to catch them....:thumbup: