I feel like crying!

Reaction score
I lost my favorite fish last night! :(

I had the copper band for a few months, a shade over 4 and i really took lots of care with him. I got him feeding well with live and slowly converted to frozen, then onto a little Nori and lots of pods and aptasia. In all he was a great fish.

I fed last night, a little live for the new anthias (which copper band joined in), a few frozen muscles to distract the lunar wrass and dwarfs (so the anthias get more of the live) and the CBB ate some of the muscles, and then a large piece of Nori for the tangs I have. But everyone ate well and enthusiastically.

then woke this morning to find the CBB with his long nose jamed tight into the egg crate at the over flow:( :( he may (but very outside chance) have got stuck and not been able to free himself, but i think most likely died in the night.

Whats really frustrating me is i dont know WHY? any ideas would be appreciated.

It feels like the winds just been sucked out my sails with this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch! REALLY REALLY sorry about this Crispin......

Yeah - I think that I have nearly given up with CBB's. I will only take one IF I can get it from a fellow reefer...... I will never buy one from a LFS again. They just DO NOT SURVIVE!

Sorry about this - really are......

BUT - please don't let it get you under.........

sorry abt ur fish man....everything happens for a reason...the glass is always half full...now u can concentrate on an even more exciting fish to replace him/her....chin up...

I understand Crispin - unfortunately my personal opinion of these fish is, that even though do look like they are feeding, that they are not really getting enough nutrition. And that they sometimes just keel over because of a lack of nutrition.

possibly jaques, yet i deliberatley feed so that the CBB and the new guys get enough. Especially as soem of the others Fox face or Wrasse for example are dominant and get the majority. But perhaps thats the problem, simple nutrition, I am just not certain:(

Crsipin, you are far from alone, many folk have lost copperbands in similar circumstances, it does appear that they don't do well in tanks - with the odd exception (Pavlo has kept his for 5 years) i think it is best to stear clear of them, however beautiful they are.

Sorry to hear man!

Sorry for your loss man, it sucks to loose a fish - especially if you don't know why they died :(

Hey dude. Know just how you feel. Also lost a seemingly fat healthy copperband "suddenly". :( (still haven't bought another fish in fact, so only have 1 fish)

So sorry Crispin. A magnificent looking fish and a terrible loss. Mine will be two years old in December and to date will not take any food from me. His physique still borders on that of Bruce Fordyce or a Somalian refugee. Wish you better luck next time

Crispin sorry to hear, had a threadfin once and for no reason died. also next morning i found him dead. atleast both of them is swimming now in heavens reef

Sad news Crispin. Is it not possible he "choked" on something that you fed the tank?

Back
Top Bottom