I am mourning...

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My cleaner shrimp died, had him for over a year. He was 75mm(3 inches) long - I know they're not expensive, but he was my friend...
Fish in the system for quite some time now: cleaner wrasse, sixline wrasse, fire goby, midas blenny, algae blenny, coral beauty, sailfin tang, tile fish, common clown, false grammar and 6 humbugs(hope it's right). Water parameters are excellent and temp constant at 26deg.

He looked fine the previous day and still took a piece of prawn from my fingers. What could've caused this? :(

Sorry for your loss Tobes. Remember shrimps don't have a particular long lifespan and by the sounds of it, he was fully grown, may have just been old age. :(

Are you sure he is dead? Is it not just his exoskeleton you have found is it?

Hi guys, I am positive he's dead - He was stuck to the seio and it wasn't just his skeleton, it was white thick meat, he's definitaly gone. He couldn't hide in my tank anyway, it's only a cube of 600x600x600 - you always saw a feeler sticking out somewhere...

It's OK to die of old age...not OK to be too weak to get away from a seio and get the life sucked out of you...:(

Hey Tobes

do you have all those fish in a tank with a size of only 600x600x600?

If the fish look happy then your tank is cool but do you have a bigger tank in the plan?
Sorry about your shrimp happend with my first fish not to long ago.

Hey Tobes

do you have all those fish in a tank with a size of only 600x600x600?

Total system volume is about 300litres, got a 120litre refugium + a small hang on refugium and the sump. Fish are all smallish and quite happy, 6 of the fish are humbugs as big as your thumb nail. Biggest fish is the coral beauty which is 40-50mm.:wave2:

Cool, What are humbugs? Can you post any pictures of them?

Looks like bees, yellow with black horizontal stripes - LFS said they're humbugs, hope I heard right... Will see if I can snap some pics.

Damsels?

Aye they are part of the damsel family

Sounds a bit like Bicolour chromis. Has it got 2 horizontal black stripes along the length of it's body? If it is then you need to get rid of them, apparently they get very aggressive as they get older.

Humbugs? The only humbugs I know of is a humbug damsel, which is black and white stripes (not straight stripes, wavey/curvey stripes)....

Yellow and black striped damsel makes me think of a sergeant major damsel...

Cool, What are humbugs? Can you post any pictures of them?

34347ff7aca3806b.jpg

Is that it?

Back
Top Bottom