I am LOVING marines

Reaction score
Yeah i am finding marines incredibly rewarding, mind blowingly complicated and eye wateringly expensive

BUT THANK GOD FOR BATH WATER! makes me feel i can look after something and KNOW whats going on!:)

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hehe, it is a bloody struggle to start with but it does get easier as you go on (well, a little easier anyway):)

Reaction score
so easy u just leave the tank in the garage and breed dogs????

hehe sorry below the belt, but couldnt resist, do u think i will have my second tank up before you get yours going again???

wanna have a race?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I'm close to finishing it, but as i just got made redundant it might be tricky, but if i can get a job by the end of May i'm in, the redundancy pay will be enough to finish, so fingers crossed chaps.

Reaction score
man UK sounds tough at the moment...want niel harris also made redundant...

i am driving my dads stuffed 4x4 at the mo. i know its stuffed....i am the one who took it through northern mozambique with a chainsaw to make bridges.

but that saves me r2500 or so a month on HP to a bank....that finances my build...so i happily swear at taxis and use the bull bar:)

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
There are plenty of jobs about, but i want to find the right one.

sounds like you 4 x 4 will be "well used" by the time you get rid of it:)

Reaction score
weeman you better believe it....but here they dont do road rage with golf clubs so i am behaving at the mo.

what is it that you do anyway?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
have i missed 40 photos of your tanks being redone or are you holding out on us????????
Nope nothing built yet, but i need to put a new roof on part of the house, all the kit just need putting together, i have;-

6 x 2 x 2 tank
5 x 2 x 18 sump
Deltec AP850 skimmer
about 80kgs of live rock
3 x tunze 6080's
2 x tunze 6060's
Deltec FR509

a shed load of odds and sods, i just need the roof and a frame which will cost less that £1,000 easy peasy.:)

Reaction score
Nope nothing built yet, but i need to put a new roof on part of the house, all the kit just need putting together, i have;- Darn good thing its spring then??? no roof on his house and planning his tanks, love the way you think:)

6 x 2 x 2 tank UMM is that feet or meters...tell me meters:) please say its meters????
5 x 2 x 18 sump
Deltec AP850 skimmer
about 80kgs of live rock
3 x tunze 6080's
2 x tunze 6060's
Deltec FR509

a shed load of odds and sods, i just need the roof and a frame which will cost less that £1,000 easy peasy.:)
great to know its comming together.....if i go to italy in july its via UK....and yes I will hunt you down:)

Reaction score
How does someone afford 80KG's Live rock off the starting bat? Its like R135 per KG. That = R10800!!!

Reaction score
Nope nothing built yet, but i need to put a new roof on part of the house, all the kit just need putting together, i have;-

6 x 2 x 2 tank
5 x 2 x 18 sump
Deltec AP850 skimmer
about 80kgs of live rock
3 x tunze 6080's
2 x tunze 6060's
Deltec FR509

Wee-Man I don't know what those Tunze's look like. Cant find them in my catalogue either. Are they streams?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
he is redundant alfie, has time on his hands AND THE COUCH IS DRY:) so he set up a wireless system at home, posts from his laptop with 4 puppies running loose round his feet.
i know you are spying on me, but it's 7 pups not 4;)

great to know its comming together.....if i go to italy in july its via UK....and yes I will hunt you down:)
you had better - i have friends in Italy if you don't:nono: Capiche?:nopity:

i live near Gatwick, but could make Heathrow just let me know when;)

Reaction score
storm i have 130kg odd, but got it second hand from a break down tank, you can get it for R50-R80 if you hunt around.

but yes i spend R5000 off the bat on LR alone. I basically see my skimmer and LR and the primary methods of filtration.....dont want to skimp on either!:)

Reaction score
Good Grief i can put that down on a deposit for a car. bleh. Ild expect maby 15KG Max for most starter people like me :) 80KG is like my years salary...

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
How does someone afford 80KG's Live rock off the starting bat? Its like R135 per KG. That = R10800!!!

No i didn't buy that all in one go, i have been filling the sump, running the skimmer and reactor to mature the rock.

Wee-Man I don't know what those Tunze's look like. Cant find them in my catalogue either. Are they streams?
They are streams, hang on i will see if i can get a pic, or link