I am glad!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mytank, 13 Sep 2011.

1. mytank

mytank

O up here in jozi our first summer thunder storm and it usually comes with some power outages. So I had one. Preempting this I had done the following:

1. Bought the nice Tunze return 4000l with battery backup - should be arriving tomorrow thanks @Anita
    2. Hunted down and bought a battery operated air pump which was running in my tank during the power failure.

With summer coming and the thunder storms I would suggest peeps in jozi start to make their plans for power outages ....

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Alan

Alan Admin MASA Contributor

Agree, but would suggest that all reefers have some sort of back up.

4. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

Yep, it is definatley a necesity in this day and age, especially when considering the value of the livestock involved..

5. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

congratulations, you wont be sorry about this Investment.

6. FrancoisJou

FrancoisJou

Where do you get battery operated pump?

7. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

Jungle Pets - Broadacers life style center (by Barnyard) = R165+- comes with hair line pipe and air stone. Takes big 1.5v x2 batteries, makes a hell of a noise but works :) Kept my tank running

FrancoisJou likes this.
  8. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

I bought it based on four things:

1. Reviews on the actual pump - I wanted high power, small and SILENT
    2. Needed a battery type backup and wasn't bothered about a bloody inverter sideverter upverter UPS ABC - I could never figure out how much I would need
    3. The service from @Anita and George has been excellent. I am @nal and a tough b@stard let alone a newbie and the patience George showed with me well done @Anita
    4. I am considering two of their flow pumps with their controller :yeahdude::whistling::yeahdude: and liked the fact one controller for 8 inputs regardless of the Tunze equipment i.e. I can run returns and flows etc of the one controller. Was going to get a Vortec but naaaa

9. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

??? Please give more detail. How is it possible to run flow pumps and a return off a wave controller?

10. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

Dude I am a consumer I have no idea ask George from Tunze or @Anita tahrs how I understood the use case from them

11. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

Ok. After some reading and playing with the 7096 controller software, I see that you can actually do this but only in certain modes as far as I can see.

Since the controller has 4 outlets you can use pulse mode and set each outlet individually. And by making the minimum and maximum flow the same you will get a constant flow on the pump. I dont think this will be possible in interval and sequential mode though. Only negative that I can see here is that when you press the feeding timer, you will cut the return pump as well which will influence the waterlevel in the sump and thus in the skimmer. This could cause the skimmer to overflow.

Sorry for going off track in the thread but I just found this return pump on a controller thing interesting.

Back to the original post...... Also glad I have a backup solution sorted.

12. mariusmeyer

mariusmeyer

Also, what is the model number on the return pump you got from George? I dont see a 4000LPH one in their range.

13. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

1073.05 :)

14. mytank

mytank Thread Starter

to me it's just a pump - on this review by Mr Saltwater it says it can do up to 900 gallons either or I don't mind....

Last edited by a moderator: 11 Apr 2016
  15. Anita

Anita Sponsor

Hey Guys I feel I must explain here, yes the 1073.05 silence return pump is an electronic pump that can be attached to your 7096, but I do not recommend this for the obvious reason stated by Marius, however the pump can be controlled by the little knobon the pump or by the supplied jumpers. The pump has a 4m head and pumps 3000l/h. The nice thing with this is that attach a 6105.500 safety connector with a 12v gate battery to it and when the power goes down, you still have circulation in your tank for days if you have a biiiig battery. (100amp deep cycle) For me it is the only way to go, especially with summer storms that disrupt our power. Ofcourse you could also attach a safety connector to any electronic TUNZE stream pump. George

Recent Posts