Hydroponics?

Discussion in 'Sports and Lifestyle' started by Neil H, 2 Jun 2009.

1. Neil H

Neil H Moderator MASA Contributor

Hi All

Has anyone got a hydroponics system running at home?

N

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. crispin

crispin

grrrrr! why do you want to grow crap plants and eat them ????

oh sorry that doesnt answer the question...no. but no surprise there comming from an organic boy :)

4. Neil H

Neil H Thread Starter Moderator MASA Contributor

:lol: knew that would ruffle your feathers crispin !!!

How is the cold part of the world?

I find the science behind hydroponics interesting ...... a challenge if you will :thumbup:

5. crispin

crispin

so go do something intresting and challenging like brewing beer orchemical titrations with pool acid.... :)

why grow poisonous foods to feed your family??? :p

6. Neil H

Neil H Thread Starter Moderator MASA Contributor

:lol::lol::lol:

you killing me here boet !!

ok so i know you not bias or anything ...... in 30 words tell me what is so bad with hydroponics ...... and try keep ur emotions in check !! :whistling:

7. crispin

crispin

emotions?? me, nagggg i most calm for a hyperventalating surfer:)

to be honest neil i looked into hydro quite carefully and the best guys to speak to are the dutch (holland) and the Israli's. Both groups said we would be stupid to look at it as we still have decent soil and dont need the complications, they dont (holland and Israel as the soils are stuffed with agro chemical inputs, primarily).

So if you want the real answers go look there.

but again, you are better off making a compost heap, digging a veggie patch (and if warr's wife can manage so can you fella!) and growing the stuff yourself and you know whats NOT put into your food. The chemical coctails of hydroponics are sytemic and are absorbed within the plant. they are eaten by you and you take them in. all they are is chemical.....save yourself the light bill and drink the stuff, go on a detox at hoogland health hydro and start again. I know that takes the challenge of growing something unntaurally, incorrectly and with poisons to slowly kill you. Hmmm mind you some people train surf for a challenge. Or play russian roulette.

go on, eat that carrot, maybe thats the one that will kill you :)

8. shiks

shiks

whew weather in Norway must suck Crispin cos u sound way crampy.....btw the Hydroponic stuff i am thinking abt is only used for inhaling not ingesting ...well maybe in a cookie:)

Neil i know a guy here in durbs....running a system...he produces the best coco choc menthol variation ever...will get u the address to see his setup if they havnt busted him yet :razz:

sorry guys i am couldnt help myself .....this topics title alone could start an hour long conversation

9. crispin

crispin

hehe shiks not crampy at all, just having a laugh with Niel, stupid ideas never get me crampy.

although the growing of the herb you are refering to is also rather silly to do with hydroponics (believe me ive read about that too) just simply not worth the expense when there are hectare big plantations in KZN and Lethsutho to compete against.

for simple definition hydroponics is the growing of plants using a coctail of chemicals we think the plants need to grow. Not really about drugs but more centred around strawberries and lettuce in particular.

10. crispin

crispin

and umm for the record its 25 bright sun and a windless day today. the evening rise of greyling on a large dry fly should be particularly enjoyable, that should sweeten my mood :)

11. ben lloyd

ben lloyd

[​IMG]
    I found these buggers in my garden this morning eating my roses:(

12. shiks

shiks

hey my boet did 1 year in Denmark and the weather does strange things to a persons mood.....lol.....i know the expense but in my slightly younger and carefree days the combinations of flavour was the main reason to go hydro not money wise....and have u ever tried swazi combined with durb poison thats been infused with fruity flavours or the best coffee infused ....OMG......OMGG(great god)....only downfall was the okes light bill.......

I would imagine with eskom raising the bills here soon this industry will soon see a great downturn in revenue and profitability..hehehe.....U think anyone knows what we are talkin abt.....oh damn the paranoia is setting in

13. crispin

crispin

:lol::lol::lol: the danes are an odd bunch thats for sure.....no wonder was mixing and matching basil and rosemary. It was basil wasnt it :)

14. crispin

crispin

hmmm a littel red wine sauce and you'd have a great meal there. Love the pic ben. Your roses look short of nitrogen though, slight yellowing on the growth tips, but its ok harvest is in already :)

15. ben lloyd

ben lloyd

haaspasty with a leke smoke for dessert.

16. crispin

crispin

:lol::lol::lol:
    :sifone::sifone:

Recent Posts